Felony Curious: Max drive times/battery life

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaNova

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I'm even lower than a noob in the RC car world, because I have yet to get my hands on the new Felony, which has caused me to make the crossover from my RC jet/EDF world to cars. I get a solid 5 minute flight on my jets, which is kinda similar to the cars I used to drive in the 90s. However, I saw a video where someone said he was driving his Kraton for nearly 30 min o_O. Is that even possible? I'm assuming he had a unique setup and drive style to get that much, or maybe that's the norm ? not sure.

Can you all tell me your setup (ESC, battery, & motor), driving style (bash, speed, grandpa), and the min/max drive times I could expect in the Arrma 6s/8s world?

Cheers

There's a lot of factors involved. Driving style (short bursts or long sustained passes), pinion size (larger pinions = more speed which will also drain the battery quicker, motor size (upgraded motors may make more power, but you guessed it, drain your battery quicker), etc.

It's hard to know specifically about the felony since it is so new, but it will likely get similar times to the original Infraction which a number of people on this forum own. I can tell you that I run a 6s, 6000mah battery in my Kraton and I estimate I get about 20 -25 minutes on a normal run. Larger batteries will of course allow for longer runs, assuming you don't build up too much heat and shut down the ESC or burn up the motor.

Here's a video of the Infraction V2 which is similar to the Felony. They use in an earlier video to do some speed runs and then also in this video doing some donuts etc. and still have some battery left on two 3s 5000mah batteries. That may give you some idea.

Last edited:
There's a lot of factors involved. Driving style (short bursts or long sustained passes), pinion size (larger pinions = more speed which will also drain the battery quicker, motor size (upgraded motors may make more power, but you guessed it, drain your battery quicker), etc.

It's hard to know specifically about the felony since it is so new, but it will likely get similar times to the original Infraction which a number of people on this forum own. I can tell you that I run a 6s, 6000mah battery in my Kraton and I estimate I get about 20 -25 minutes on a normal run. Larger batteries will of course allow for longer runs, assuming you don't build up too much heat and shut down the ESC or burn up the motor.

Here's a video of the Infraction V2 which is similar to the Felony. They use in an earlier video to do some speed runs and then also in this video doing some donuts etc. and still have some battery left on two 3s 5000mah batteries. That may give you some idea.

Whaaat!! Mind blown! Dude this is a game changer!! 20-25 minutes of drive time is amazing!! I literally had no idea the technology has come that far, but it has been over 21 years since I've raced electric and gas powered RC10-GTs. My recent retirement from the Corps has allowed time to get back into it and it's glorious. Thanks for the feedback and video.

My infraction I get almost an hour. 19tooth pinion. 12400mah 2 3s combined, I don't beat on the car. And run an oval half of the time and in corners off throttle.

Last edited:
Zee 6200 batteries, my tires will last about 7 to 10 sessions. I mostly use GRP to reduce cost on tires. My fans run on 1300 3s battery.

My infraction I get almost an hour. 19tooth pinion. 12400mah 2 3s combined, I don't beat on the car. And run an oval half of the time and in corners off throttle.
If you're running the two 3S packs in series (as 6S) you'll just get 6200mAh capacity, which I'm assuming you do? It'll only be 12400mAh if you run them in parallel but the voltage will be just 11.1v (3S power) instead of 22.2v

But yeah I've had around 40-50 mins of play time as well! My Felony just seems to last ages over my other 6S and 3S cars. I use two 6500mah 3S packs on 6S with the stock 16t pinion. But really it's all down to driving style. If you're shredding tyres at full throttle you'll be looking at around 15-20 mins

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back