Talion Current Talion project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatDrewGuy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Voltage
Wanted a subtle look to the body with a rich color. Love the Kraton wing on the Talion as well. Fast Eddy bearings, Hot racing rear chassis brace, HR wing mount, Yeah Racing motor fans, 18T pinion, T-Bone Basher front bumper, RPM arms all around, RPM Skid plates, Pro-Line Enforcer body, Upgraded steering servo, 100k center diff fluid, 60 front, 20k rear. This was my first attempt at trimming and painting a body. It's ok, but there will be more! Had never seen the carbon fiber windows before, so thought it would be fun to try. Looks pretty cool I think!

Thoughts?

Tfront.jpg
WingNbrace.jpg
Tleft.jpg
Tright.jpg
Trear.jpg

That's a beauty. I don't think I ever see myself putting that much attention to detail into something that I'm going to beat the heck out of, but I certainly appreciate those that do!

Wanted a subtle look to the body with a rich color. Love the Kraton wing on the Talion as well. Fast Eddy bearings, Hot racing rear chassis brace, HR wing mount, Yeah Racing motor fans, 18T pinion, T-Bone Basher front bumper, RPM arms all around, RPM Skid plates, Pro-Line Enforcer body, Upgraded steering servo, 100k center diff fluid, 60 front, 20k rear. This was my first attempt at trimming and painting a body. It's ok, but there will be more! Had never seen the carbon fiber windows before, so thought it would be fun to try. Looks pretty cool I think!

Thoughts?

View attachment 19843 View attachment 19842 View attachment 19844 View attachment 19845 View attachment 19846
IMG_20180630_154805586.jpg

Thoughts?

View attachment 19843 View attachment 19842 View attachment 19844 View attachment 19845 View attachment 19846
Good job painting your 1st RC body, and I do like the deep red color. The c/f trim goes well with the color, and would have looked really good on the back top part of the box. Did you upgrade to the beefier Kraton hubs due to the larger and much heavier Backflips? It must have some really good top speed with a 18T pinion and the much taller tires, but how are temps? Will be interesting to see if the Kraton wing will help the V3 Talion wing mount last longer?

Steveo, Looks good!! Nice job man!

Rod, thank you for the kind words! I did not change out the hubs yet. Want to see if they will break, or be ok. Yeah it does fly with the 18t even off road. Not as much as it would with the 21t speed pinion, but I thought that would create way to much heat. There are dual fans on the motor to keep the temps down, and they have been doing a good job even in the 90+ heat lately. Running around 140-150 under normal conditions, 165 beating on it a bit. I have put the Kraton wing on the Typhon, and the Talion. The stance looks better, and it flexes a LOT more than the other wing. Had broke the wing mount on the Typhon almost right away with the stock wing. Now, the worst that has happened is it popped off once from a bad tumble, and was put back on easily. Hoping that will hold true for the Talion as well. So far it has been good.

Steveo, Looks good!! Nice job man!

Rod, thank you for the kind words! I did not change out the hubs yet. Want to see if they will break, or be ok. Yeah it does fly with the 18t even off road. Not as much as it would with the 21t speed pinion, but I thought that would create way to much heat. There are dual fans on the motor to keep the temps down, and they have been doing a good job even in the 90+ heat lately. Running around 140-150 under normal conditions, 165 beating on it a bit. I have put the Kraton wing on the Typhon, and the Talion. The stance looks better, and it flexes a LOT more than the other wing. Had broke the wing mount on the Typhon almost right away with the stock wing. Now, the worst that has happened is it popped off once from a bad tumble, and was put back on easily. Hoping that will hold true for the Talion as well. So far it has been good.
No problem Drew, as I call it like I see it, "looks good". I have an extra set of Backflips and extra Kraton hubs/steering blocks and even an entire spare Kraton driveline (CVD's, axles, dogbones) that I could for my V3 Talion, but I may just save all this for spares for my Kraton, as I already have Badlands and other truggy tires for my Talion. It will be interesting to see if the stock Talion hubs, etc hold up running the heavier Backflips. If yes, it would be a very easy swap back and forth from Backflips to stock or other regular size truggy or even road tires. Keep us updated on this...

I've also got a 18T pinion for V3 Talion, but will be running stock tires or Badlands mainly. I'm guessing, but with a 18T pinion and the taller Backflips on your Talion, is probably the same as running the 20T speed pinion with stock tires. The dual fans sound like they definitely make a difference, as an 18T with big tires would most likely run too hot. It does look like you are using a motor heat sink.

I do agree, the Kraton wing is more flexible than the stock V3 Talion wing, as this is maybe part of the reason for the Talion rear wing mount breaking so easily.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back