Custom 3d printed MMX ESC mount w/ 40mm fan [Arrma 1/8th scale]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obessedwithrc

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Talion EXB
  5. Typhon 6s
  6. Typhon TLR
  7. Vorteks
  8. Infraction 4x4

Custom 3d printed ESC mount for Mabma Monster X (not the 8s version)​

I worked with the designer in Germany to create a version of his MMX mount for the Arrma 6s line w/ mounting holes for a 40mm fan. Here are some pics of what that looks like installed on a Typhon 6s. The mount bolts right into the stock ESC Plate holes. No modification is necessary. This does not replace the stock ESC plate.

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 6.35.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-19 at 6.34.17 PM.png

PXL_20220716_211837957.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220716_212300434.PORTRAIT.jpg

Here's a link to the product page where you can purchase this mount. There are different options for the type of plastic that you can have this mount printed in. I chose the "Black Premium Versatile Plastic."

This would probably work for the 3-4s line, but I can't say for sure.

I have no financial interest in this post... just super grateful for the designer that helped me get this to work on my Typhon!

Here is my full custom Typhon build.

@dure0016 — I haven't fully bash tested it. The plastic that I chose (Black Premium Versatile Plastic) seems to be very durable. It's slightly flexible but still feels very strong. I just finished my rig so I'll report back on the results. Just FYI, since this part is through Shapeways, you can have them print the part in any material—hard plastic, aluminum, steel, Nylon 6, TPU... gold, platinum.. lol. Here's their materials guide. You may also notice there is a rubber gasket that I'm using under the fan — that's not part of the mount in case it looks that way.

Last edited:
@dure0016 — I haven't fully bash tested it. The plastic that I chose (Black Premium Versatile Plastic) seems to be very durable. It's slightly flexible but still feels very strong. I just finished my rig so I'll report back on the results. Just FYI, since this part is through Shapeways, you can have them print the part in any material—hard plastic, aluminum, steel, Nylon 6, TPU... gold, platinum.. lol. Here's their materials guide. You may also notice there is a rubber gasket that I'm using under the fan — that's not part of the mount in case it looks that way.
I was wondering what that was.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back