Custom 3D printed TPU Replacement for foam wheel on SLT3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gizmotoy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Does anyone else dislike the foam on transmitters? Especially if they get dirt on them?

I decided to make a replacement on a whim out of flexible filament on a 3D printer and the result was pretty fantastic. I love it. I've gotten really timely help from the forum on several issues, so wanted to share something back.

This is for a Spektrum SLT3 like those that come with the 3S line (Typhon, Granite, Senton, Big Rock, Vorteks, and Vendetta). I think the wheels on the different transmitters are of different sizes, so unfortunately it's probably not universal across the whole Spektrum model line. It needs to be printed with flexible filament, and directions are in the link here:
https://www.printables.com/model/210883-foam-replacement-for-spektrum-slt3-transmitter

Maybe someone else can get some use out of it. Enjoy!

IMG_5312.jpg

Nice idea.(y)
Personally I like foam. Got use to the feel of it and all, but they do wear out with much use.(n)

I've been using these below for replacements. Cheap enough. And it is just as good if not better than foam.. Always a positive tactile feel. Even when your hands are sweaty or slippery. Especially for one hand driving. (Crawling) Have 3 of them on my RTR radios. The larger diameter is nice also. Easier to steer. Made of soft rubber so it won't wear out. Stretches onto most wheels. Just remove the old foam first. Make sure to remove the wheel from the radio first, to muscle it on. If you leave the wheel on the Radio to stretch it over, you might break the Wheel's potentiometer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1225128879...1291&msclkid=bc2924d8a7431f071ec24652e90aa0c7
:cool:

Last edited:
The SLT3 wheel is about 48mm. That would be a lot of stretching. Looks good, though. I didn’t see anything like that in my searches.

The Kimbrough wheel cover is more for smaller standard common sized Radio wheels.
Many RTR radios have over sized wheels. But the Kimbrough wheel will stretch pretty well. And you want it on tightly otherwise it will slip when trying to steer hard.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back