Custom 3s body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rambler

Reaction score
Figured I’d post a couple photos of this custom sheet metal body before retiring it. This is the prototype that’s been bashed pretty hard. Called it the lawnmower. It’s bent up some and lost some paint. Just about unbreakable though. I think I’m going to try again and incorporate some curves. Maybe a little more karmann ghia hopefully.

C4FC905B-58AE-4CB1-AEF6-F3AFF8CFF04A.jpeg

30A3ACAE-CDD3-4F44-BA4B-46A2238B9E8A.jpeg

EF4D70B6-D758-418B-8AB5-B58B1E3B16AA.jpeg

Figured I’d post a couple photos of this custom sheet metal body before retiring it. This is the prototype that’s been bashed pretty hard. Called it the lawnmower. It’s bent up some and lost some paint. Just about unbreakable though. I think I’m going to try again and incorporate some curves. Maybe a little more karmann ghia hopefully.

View attachment 256270

View attachment 256273

View attachment 256274
Love it man!!😍 Looks like a tank. What kind of metal you make it out of? I've just started experimenting w/ making my own bodies, but I'm using beer boxes! Here's my 1st attempt for my 6s Typhon- the Budweiser Buggy 😆🍻

20221104_154702.jpg

20221104_154749.jpg

20221104_154828.jpg

20221104_154721.jpg

The beer box body is great. As long as you can keep it from getting wet and/or crushed. There is a lot of aesthetic to different bodies but most importantly they should protect the inner workings/electronics. That’s conceptually the same thing I tried to do, take a flat piece of something and bend/fold it to fit. I used regular galvanized trim coil. The same kind of metal that you would make ductwork with. Design and fabrication is part of the fun. Similar to folding complex paper airplanes or even origami. There is also something to be said for a one of a kind RC. We all love those custom paint jobs!

The beer box body is great. As long as you can keep it from getting wet and/or crushed. There is a lot of aesthetic to different bodies but most importantly they should protect the inner workings/electronics. That’s conceptually the same thing I tried to do, take a flat piece of something and bend/fold it to fit. I used regular galvanized trim coil. The same kind of metal that you would make ductwork with. Design and fabrication is part of the fun. Similar to folding complex paper airplanes or even origami. There is also something to be said for a one of a kind RC. We all love those custom paint jobs!
I did lay some eb6000 down on the inside to try to strengthen it a bit, but I hear ya rain/mud probably a no go😆 You definitely inspired me to keep trying different styles & materials tho, keep up the good work!😃👍🤘🍻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back