Custom Arrma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry-rigged

Have you seen my LVC?
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
So I was thinking (Dangerous, I know...) about what could be the next big idea for Arrma...

Over in one of my other hobbies - cycling - one of the big boys - Trek - has what they call Project One, You can go to their website, and spec out a bike just how you want it. Pick you frame, pick your wheels, pick you paint, pick you component group... You get the idea?

So I am envisioning a part of Arrma's website where you can pick your chassis. LWB or SWB. Then your A-arm length, hexes, wide or narrow, wing or not, Which wheels, which tires, which body, which power system (BLX 185 or 200 or roller) Diffs, 13t/43t or 10t/43. Body, pick clear, standard paint, or custom paint...

Basically any of the options off of the 5 chassis, spec'ed for you, custom built for you.... Go basic roller or slider to save a few bucks, or go hog while and get a one of a kind RTR...

Maybe they could add other semi- Custom Options, like center spool and 'fly ratio' spur for the speed freaks. Name brand servos instead of the ADS-Esploders. Proline wheels and tires. Bring back the Team Durango shocks, towers, , milled chassis, universal drive shafts and other stuff as premium options...

To go back to the Trek example, a Project One bike ends up costing a bit more than an off-the-shelf bike, but you get exactly what you want. No throw away wheels or saddle...

What do ya'll think? If Arrma offered something like this, do you think it could get off the ground? Would you be willing to pay a bit more for a Kraton, if you could get it with your choice of wheels & tires, maybe the big rock body, and maybe a BLX200 and good, strong name-brand servo? Or a Typhon with Kraton hexes, Granite tires, with a clear Fazon body as a roller? Or what-ever combo you could dream up?

What say's the forum?

Last edited:
I think that would be awesome! I don't think they would initially go for the idea, but in terms of marketing, it could be huge for them.

I'd pay a little extra for a factory fresh personalized rtr.

One of the first post I have read on here. Hell yes I would pay more for a one off Arrma.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back