Custom bodies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teh_Instigator

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
I have been thinking about getting an Infraction or Limitless but disappointed in the amount of custom clear bodies available for them. I use 3D design software at work and have access to 3D printer and was thinking about designing a custom body print mould for injection molding of body. Has anybody looked into doing something like this?

That's pretty creative. I have a Lim. I would also like an alternative shape of an F1 style body. Something more to scale would be nice. We need more open wheel body options for the Lim.(y)(y) Or just slap a Infraction body or other closed wheel body on there.
But then its not a Limitless anymore.

vacuum forming is much easier.. just need to make a plug, which you can print.... injection molding a body would be a pain, well, making the mould would be anyway.. just make sure whatever you design has enough draft to release..

you can make a simple vac form machine with a 5 gallon shop vac.. some lumber, and some space heaters to heat the sheets...

You also need a kitchen oven to do this. Ovens are used for vac forming.

vacuum forming is much easier.. just need to make a plug, which you can print.... injection molding a body would be a pain, well, making the mould would be anyway.. just make sure whatever you design has enough draft to release..

you can make a simple vac form machine with a 5 gallon shop vac.. some lumber, and some space heaters to heat the sheets...
Yes that's what I was thinking I had the term wrong. Vacuum forming. I think I can do this. I work in an industrial area and we have a few places that do this.
My company does product development and we have a few sales reps come through offering this service.

Yes that's what I was thinking I had the term wrong. Vacuum forming. I think I can do this. I work in an industrial area and we have a few places that do this.

100% brother.. and once the plug is done you can make them over and over again as long as the plug stays in good shape...

its realitively easy to do once you get the hang of heating the lexan or poly sheets.. we used to heat them until they sagged under thier own wieght, then you have to be quick to switch the frame over to the vac table and hit the switch for the vac.. tedious but once you get the hang of it your in business... we used a foot operated switch..

100% brother.. and once the plug is done you can make them over and over again as long as the plug stays in good shape...
That's what I was thinking unlimited supply of bodies just cost of plastic sheets.
What type of body style would people like to see for them? Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, Charger GTO?

Somone already makes a Corvette body. Don't know who.

That's what I was thinking unlimited supply of bodies just cost of plastic sheets.
What type of body style would people like to see for them? Corvette, Mustang, Camaro, Charger GTO?

i wish i could give my input on what body style to design.. sadly i don't have a infraction or limitless.. but also something to think about, you can make a mould of the plug and do hand lay ups in carbon/kevlar for the speed runners..

I vote you make this for the Infraction..!!! ??????

y6rh9qqlhy221.jpeg
Maloo9.jpeg

What is that? A Nissmo something?

Last edited:
I made the decision last night and ordered the Infraction it will be here tomorrow. I think first body I will try to make will be the dodge challenger hellcat. Not sure how it will match up to infraction frame. I will be able to take detailed measurements when I have the car and see how it lays out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back