Custom build: 1/8 scale street Stampede 2wd, slammed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Replaced the 3670 Rocket motor with a 4068 2400kv Hobbystar with the Fast Lane transmission case. Geared 34/86, motor is too big for the 72t spur lol.

View attachment 306874
Looks good 👍 I can't imagine a bandit with that kinda power in it!! LOL.
I suggest some standoffs for that motor fan, will improve airflow quite a bit. I use a similar setup with m3x25 to 30mm screws in all 4 holes of the fan. Nylocks on the backside to hold the screws.
Peeps laugh but it works!🤷‍♂️👌🤣

20221210_174035.jpg

I suggest some standoffs for that motor fan, will improve airflow quite a bit. I use a similar setup with m3x25 to 30mm screws in all 4 holes of the fan. Nylocks on the backside to hold the screws.
Peeps laugh but it works!🤷‍♂️👌🤣
Had a spare 40mm fan so added that. Sandwiched it between 2 fan covers to give it a lift. Wondering if just the lift will improve airflow or if i should open up the side of the bottom fan shroud:
20230629_125353.jpg

Also swapped the 6mm rear tower for a 4mm tower with more cutouts. Saves 20 grams of weight above the chassis:

20230629_125417.jpg

I have a 4500mah 4s battery on the way that should be a perfect fit and some S7 grps for the rear, will keep S5 grps up front.

Had a spare 40mm fan so added that. Sandwiched it between 2 fan covers to give it a lift. Wondering if just the lift will improve airflow or if i should open up the side of the bottom fan shroud:
View attachment 308508
Also swapped the 6mm rear tower for a 4mm tower with more cutouts. Saves 20 grams of weight above the chassis:

View attachment 308507

I have a 4500mah 4s battery on the way that should be a perfect fit and some S7 grps for the rear, will keep S5 grps up front.
I think it should help, the air has to have a path to carry the heat away. Might very well be enough as is, I don't know how hot that setup gets. It's alot of motor for a 1/10 so it may not be too critical?
20 grams ain't to shabby, especially that high above the chassis, bet it helps.
4s, 4068, that thing's gonna rip for sure!!😎

Only real issue with heat is I run on a blacktop parking lot, so ground temps are hot on clear days this time of year. With the 34/86 gearing on 3s the esc stays between around 120, motor is usually in the 130s with the 30mm fan i had on it.

Have only run 4s a couple of times with this rig because my current 4s batteries are too big for the bottom mount. It was cloudy and cool then so temps weren't an issue.

Will try 4s with it set up like this and if needed I'll open the sides of the shrouds up to increase air flow.

Only real issue with heat is I run on a blacktop parking lot, so ground temps are hot on clear days this time of year. With the 34/86 gearing on 3s the esc stays between around 120, motor is usually in the 130s with the 30mm fan i had on it.

Have only run 4s a couple of times with this rig because my current 4s batteries are too big for the bottom mount. It was cloudy and cool then so temps weren't an issue.

Will try 4s with it set up like this and if needed I'll open the sides of the shrouds up to increase air flow.
Nice. Yeah, I'd play it by ear, or in this case, temp gun. Change as/if needed.
I run an sct410 4x4 with a max 10/3670 2600kv on 3s. 20/46 I think, not 100% sure on what the stock spur is.. anywho, on 3s, cool as can be without a fan. Hottest I've seen from the motor was say 115f? Esc, 100f. If I drop 4s in, motor temp shoots right up to 140f on a 70 degree day. Nothing a fan can't handle, but I hate relying on fans to prevent disaster myself. 3s it is, it's plenty fast for my little track. Which is my only "bash" spot aside from ripping them up and down my driveway/street which is gravel..
2400kv should be better suited than my 2600 I'd guess. Strangely though, I have a 4068 2560 in my converted Xray 1/8 buggy and it runs great on 4s with no fans regardless of ambient temps. I don't rc on 90 or hotter days though..I'm too old/fat to be bothered,LOL.

View attachment 308508

View attachment 308507

Where did you get those sweet fan grills!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back