Kraton Custom built rigs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barrister

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Guys the more I learn about the rc world the more I'm intrigued by it!! Out of interest, say you wanted a custom built x maxx or kraton are there companies who provide this service? For example I wouldn't be great at building or tweaking things and just wondered would there be anyone out there who would do this type of thing?

Cheers

There’s a lot of really nice parts being made by various companies. Just google and you will find enough to keep you busy. You can pretty much replace everything on your car and just use the diffs, or add some bling or just a few key parts to make it faster and tougher. A good hobby shop could help you build it if you frequent it a lot and spend money there. Don’t know of any service but if you started a build log thread there are many guys here which would help. Everyone loves a good build and would be checking in daily...

You could message Matthew Forget at http://www.rccarstars.com/ and I think he will build you whatever you want. He's in California though and not sure where you are. He and his son focus on Traxxas but can do any popular brands and the way it works is you buy the parts you want (or he can pick em up) and he'll build to suit. He charges for his labor.
Send him the truck, all parts you want installed, and he breaks it down completely and reassembles with your new upgrades and lubes everything etc. He sends you back everything he's removed and communicates well. Also does body paint and pretty much anything. They're racers but they will build to suit and are fairly priced. The real cost is shipping your stuff over and back.
I used his service a few years ago when I had a single Traxxas truck and wanted to save time and because I was intimidated by the build process.
I would recommend if money isn't a concern. Pricing is very fair nonetheless. As mentioned though, shipping back and forth is the real cost.
Edit: initial phone consultation is very thorough and no rush. I remember that I spoke to him (on the phone) for probably two hours before I sent him anything. Nice guy, easy going, takes pride in his work.

Here you go

https://www.oakmandesigns.net/

Or

http://www.fastlanercs.com/home.html

From FLRC (when one ESC isn’t enough ?)
3770B3D1-DE3F-4207-A745-16E5510D2E41.jpeg

Last edited:
One of my LHSs would build you anything you wanted as long as you had the $. They would also fix any rig you brought in. Long gone now like many LHSs Nation wide.

One of my LHSs would build you anything you wanted as long as you had the $. They would also fix any rig you brought in. Long gone now like many LHSs Nation wide.

that's always sad to see. that's why I have no issue paying for any parts or rigs my lhs has in stock. you have to support the shops or they wont be able to support you.

You could message Matthew Forget at http://www.rccarstars.com/ and I think he will build you whatever you want. He's in California though and not sure where you are. He and his son focus on Traxxas but can do any popular brands and the way it works is you buy the parts you want (or he can pick em up) and he'll build to suit. He charges for his labor.
Send him the truck, all parts you want installed, and he breaks it down completely and reassembles with your new upgrades and lubes everything etc. He sends you back everything he's removed and communicates well. Also does body paint and pretty much anything. They're racers but they will build to suit and are fairly priced. The real cost is shipping your stuff over and back.
I used his service a few years ago when I had a single Traxxas truck and wanted to save time and because I was intimidated by the build process.
I would recommend if money isn't a concern. Pricing is very fair nonetheless. As mentioned though, shipping back and forth is the real cost.
Edit: initial phone consultation is very thorough and no rush. I remember that I spoke to him (on the phone) for probably two hours before I sent him anything. Nice guy, easy going, takes pride in his work.
Wow that guy can do anything nice to know if you have problems

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back