Granite Custom Carbon Fiber Center Brace [ Double Barrel ]

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex Koder

2D , 3D Not a problem. I'll take that Challenge.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Nero
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta
I wanted to stiffen up the Granite chassis with a lightweight center brace that's a little different from all the rest..

Here's what I came up with >
Double Barrel : Over/Under style , because Texas baby!

IMG_20211217_222841.jpg

IMG_20211217_222852.jpg

I also created custom Body Post Spacers to hold down the brace mounts , for the front and rear.

IMG_20211217_222353.jpg

IMG_20211217_222335.jpg

IMG_20211217_222318.jpg

IMG_20211217_222826.jpg

Original build thread - Project COPPERHEAD

Last edited:
What are those made of aluminum or 3d print looks really really nice & clean like store bought nice 👍 👍 & here i am with a cut fishing rod & screws lol you got me over her bouta throw my center brace away 😂😂

They're pure carbon fiber ~4mm OD stock that I have on hand..
3D designed & printed the double-barrel endcaps.

I designed it to be direct drop ins, I didn't want to mess with other little parts or threaded rods that may get stripped out/pulled out.
The CF rods are epoxied into the endcaps, so they're pretty solid piece once cured.

What are those made of aluminum or 3d print looks really really nice & clean like store bought nice 👍 👍 & here i am with a cut fishing rod & screws lol you got me over her bouta throw my center brace away 😂😂

Thank you.
Put a lot of thought into the design.

I had actually thought to do a super simple "bare rod stock brace", but figured the holes I drill into the CF would compromise the material right at the very ends of the rod, AND eventually those holes would get worn/elongated from the vibrations of running the truck.

Last edited:
Is there any type of flex in the braces where they mount? Or Are they just stuck solid in there? I tried a solid brace on my granite and cracked a tower jumping. So I got the heck rid of it Since my granite is the vehicle that I send. I’ve never had any issues with it. The only area I’m worried about flex is differential yokes and I put hot racing ones in.

Is there any type of flex in the braces where they mount? Or Are they just stuck solid in there? I tried a solid brace on my granite and cracked a tower jumping. So I got the heck rid of it Since my granite is the vehicle that I send. I’ve never had any issues with it. The only area I’m worried about flex is differential yokes and I put hot racing ones in.

There is some "give" between Arrma's brace mount and my Double Barrel Brace (DBB) that it's mounted to it , because the Body Post Spacers I made has a bit of "tolerance" allowing some tiny movements between it and the shock towers.

It does Not lock the two towers together so solidly into some immoveable/monolithic structure..

There is some "give" between Arrma's brace mount and my Double Barrel Brace (DBB) that it's mounted to it , because the Body Post Spacers I made has a bit of "tolerance" allowing some tiny movements between it and the shock towers.

It does Not lock the two towers together so solidly into some immoveable/monolithic structure..

Yeah that was that mistake I did, not allowing any give. It was one of those T-bone racing aluminum bar braces. I won’t be doing that again lol. Sounds like you got it set up well!

Yeah that was that mistake I did, not allowing any give. It was one of those T-bone racing aluminum bar braces. I won’t be doing that again lol. Sounds like you got it set up well!

Thank you, sir.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back