Mojave Custom Mojave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dngrmaus

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Mojave with YetiXL body. Xerun,wifi, promodeler, Flysky.
Wirh SSD 2.2 wheels.
IMG_20200428_140639.jpg
IMG_20200428_145825_219.jpg
IMG_20200429_160041.jpg
IMG_20200429_160049.jpg

Great job! Very clean looking. ?

You might get a lot of people asking the steps to take with this build as it looks like it may help a lot with keeping debris out of the chassis area!!!

I built it all out of pieces that I either had or picked up off of eBay. Originally I was using a Kraton chassis and was planning on using the associated db8 cage for U4RC, but then the Mojave looked more about the size I was going for so I just built the Kraton and sold the DB8 cage. I found a YetiXL cage on eBay and it fit.since it's almost impossible to buy the yeti XL lexan pieces for the body I found a stainless steel set that covered more of the body on eBay, and went with that.I used with DLux stub hubs so I can run 2.2 wheels and tires. I just like the look. The rear is mounted with wire ties, as there's no real mount in the back of the buggy for the standard Mohave mounts. you can get the front to fit with some modification. Though I decided a bendable wire tie would suffice. Outside of the M2C braces and a Integy top plate there chassis is unmodified. The promodeler servo is super fast and has plenty of torque for the vehicle. Any questions or anything please ask.

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_165755.jpg
    IMG_20200429_165755.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 78
Where do you find Hoonigan zip ties?

Interesting approach and very unique build for sure. Great detail! Thanks for sharing ????
Hoonigan store, they came free with a order.
Here's the lights at night.

Attachments

• IMG_20200416_213931__01.jpg
    IMG_20200416_213931__01.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 47
Hoonigan store, they came free with a order.
Here's the lights at night.

Nice to be so visible to drive in the evening. I have a couple led kits but need to install them. I love driving at night and so far none of my old neighbors have given me any trouble.

I FPV it so the light helps a ton.
I have the tools to do that too but haven't tried in a long while. Actually planning to offer on classifieds my Aomway specs and some quads that I suck at flying. Maybe I should keep em and try your plan.

It's fun, adds another part to the hobby. DVR footage is terrible off-road, but just driving it is tons of fun.

So glad I built my own 1/7 talion,tighter an smoother running then any new rtr. Could have bought. Complete hot racing diffs an housings are shimed perfectly. Over size bearings are smoother. Total hobby star powered from batteries to motor, with m2cracing threw the center. Fun driver,could easily put larger motor in,but would only chew up tires an parts quickly
0503201833_Film1.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back