Outcast Custom off-road Lightning McQueen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebgilmore

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Senton 6s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Vorteks
  12. Voltage
Just about finished up this off road McQueen! Custom shorty swb chassis and some trick parts for the center braces/battery strap holders coming soon! This thing runs 2 of the shorter center drive shafts instead of one short/one long. I cannibalized a new Outcast EXB bought new off the horizon sale and swapped talion towers and shocks on. Motor fitment was an issue and it looks like the 4s outcast/kraton should just barely fit. I’ll keep it on 4s unless Curt tweaks the chassis to work with the motor faced to the rear. Right now there’s too much binding in the front drive shaft if you flip it. I ordered 2, one for this thing and one for the on road version coming soon 👍🏻 also slapped 4s kraton tires on it. I was trying to make it work on outcast towers but it wasn’t looking right hence the extra holes in the body. I’ll run this one til I get used to it and then I’ll cut up a new one.

A3DFF270-7C0D-419A-BF49-FC2885E2E85E.jpeg

9B9E2EAC-DF62-48E3-9207-8BE96E6AA9B1.jpeg

60A8B3CC-BCD9-4B14-A475-2F05A0A4B4C1.jpeg

Really nice. Video please!

Yeah the center diff should be more towards the rear like on a Tekno, there is so much wasted space between the esc and the motor.

Yea it looks great, but I have a feeling it’s gonna be nose dive city with all that weight on the front
It’s a little motor, May not be too bad at 3668. I figure it’ll be a backflip machine though

Could you swap the 2 pieces of the center diff/motor mount so the motor was on the same side, but closer to the back? And then just flip the actual center diff around?

Could you swap the 2 pieces of the center diff/motor mount so the motor was on the same side, but closer to the back? And then just flip the actual center diff around?
If you swapped them around the motor would be over where the battery will go. For whatever reason the diff sits closer to the front if you do that though. It should be noted you can’t use an exb center diff in this setup, it’s slightly longer. The motor mount w would have to be faced with the diff bearin grooves inward no matter what I think unless you made a custom mount too
Length comparison to a standard swb 6s truck running 4s outcast wheels/tires

Attachments

• B97A2199-C6A5-4A77-972B-9219DF99D537.jpeg
    B97A2199-C6A5-4A77-972B-9219DF99D537.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 43
Just about finished up this off road McQueen! Custom shorty swb chassis and some trick parts for the center braces/battery strap holders coming soon! This thing runs 2 of the shorter center drive shafts instead of one short/one long. I cannibalized a new Outcast EXB bought new off the horizon sale and swapped talion towers and shocks on. Motor fitment was an issue and it looks like the 4s outcast/kraton should just barely fit. I’ll keep it on 4s unless Curt tweaks the chassis to work with the motor faced to the rear. Right now there’s too much binding in the front drive shaft if you flip it. I ordered 2, one for this thing and one for the on road version coming soon 👍🏻 also slapped 4s kraton tires on it. I was trying to make it work on outcast towers but it wasn’t looking right hence the extra holes in the body. I’ll run this one til I get used to it and then I’ll cut up a new one.

View attachment 257172

View attachment 257173

View attachment 257174
So Is that like a custom order from JBI RC ?? Super short chassis??

So Is that like a custom order from JBI RC ?? Super short chassis??
He is going to be selling them soon. We've been messing with it for a while now. He updated the top braces to be one piece now. I'm still the test mule with fitment and everything. He was 3d printing them at first and is cutting them now. I have another for my on road mcqueen and he has one he used an outcast as the donor for everything else as well. On my old cut and welded shorty chassis made out of a stock one i had the esc on top the center diff case. I am willing to bed you could almost fit a receiver box between the esc and motor on this verson. I am going to see if i can on the off road truck and will just put the receiver on top the center diff on the on road one probably.

shorty1.jpg

shorty2.jpg

shorty3.jpg

shorty4.jpg

shorty5.jpg

shorty6.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back