Typhon Custom Painted Bodies - Post Your Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just learned something new... Click the little arrow next to the name in the quote, and it takes you to the quoted post.

And no, Zipties on your battery wires won't restrict the current flow. Make them too tight, and they might damage the wire insulation, but they won't choke the electron flow...

Huh , I think it’s properly wrote , an issue ?
I just learned something new... Click the little arrow next to the name in the quote, and it takes you to the quoted post.

And no, Zipties on your battery wires won't restrict the current flow. Make them too tight, and they might damage the wire insulation, but they won't choke the electron flow...
need to dig up or even if peeps can read the graphs , anyways I am a drag racer that runs 8 s with an extremely hot tune as people would say lol , yes I agree for the way most humans use there rc cars zip ties don’t restrict . But in a tested situation I ran . 00012 faster on an average over 10 runs with not only zip tied wires longer wires and esc in other side of power . For shots and giggles cause at the time I was seriously drag racing . But anyways this is a pretty cool site ! I see peeps I know , Awesome! What’s up my sdra fellow drivers

Last edited:
Huh , I think it’s properly wrote , an issue ?

need to dig up or even if peeps can read the graphs , anyways I am a drag racer that runs 8 s with an extremely hot tune as people would say lol , yes I agree for the way most humans use there rc cars zip ties don’t restrict . But in a tested situation I ran . 00012 faster on an average over 10 runs with not only zip tied wires longer wires and esc in other side of power . For shots and giggles cause at the time I was seriously drag racing . But anyways this is a pretty cool site ! I see peeps I know , Awesome! What’s up my sdra fellow drivers
Dang what type of timer are you using? That’s not in the margin of error for that device? 🤷🏻‍♂️😱

Err... twelve ten-thousand's of a second? What kind NASA grade timing system are you running?
Added some extra zeros not trying to prove a point , just explaining it was prob .012 or 0012 any ways , what’s the point of the questioning , have u ever raced ,

GIF by South Park

Added some extra zeros not trying to prove a point , just explaining it was prob .012 or 0012 any ways , what’s the point of the questioning , have u ever raced ,
Yes, I have raced. And even .012 is outside the bounds of normal consistent human reaction time, and is quick enough to get you a "Pro Level" paycheck in several different industries... And .012 is a HELL of a lot slower than the original .00012 that you claimed.

These zip ties fall under the "Green Gas Tank" theory of racing...

So a local fast guy shows up at the track one Saturday, and a few guy notice he has painted his gas tank green. He beat all challengers that day. Someone asks, "What did you change on your car?" and he says, "well, I painted the gas tank green" Next week, a dozen cars show up with green gas tanks...

Yes, I have raced. And even .012 is outside the bounds of normal consistent human reaction time, and is quick enough to get you a "Pro Level" paycheck in several different industries... And .012 is a HELL of a lot slower than the original .00012 that you claimed.

These zip ties fall under the "Green Gas Tank" theory of racing...

So a local fast guy shows up at the track one Saturday, and a few guy notice he has painted his gas tank green. He beat all challengers that day. Someone asks, "What did you change on your car?" and he says, "well, I painted the gas tank green" Next week, a dozen cars show up with green gas tanks...
Lol that is true ! Happens all the time , all I’m saying is in a whole , I would not go as fast as I would with shorter , soldiered wires to esc , soldiered to cap , no zip ties and I would run a bit faster than longer wires with ties , consecutively . Hope you doing well , are u still racing ? And what class ? I’m a 8 scale street racer and 8scale all run .

Nah, I have not raced properly in +20 years. I used to race 2wd 1/10 buggy and Stadium truck. We moved to a town with no track back around y2k, so I sold most of my stuff. Took me till about 5 years ago to restart the hobby properly. A few years ago I decided to start racing again, as the local track has a pretty good 1/8 turnout. Only got one race in before the track owner and race organizer fell out and the racing stopped... Track is still open, but often overgrown with weeds... The owner has it as a side business to selling dirt (sandpit). He will let anyone start a racing league, but then starts to be an arse as soon as turnout gets high. Side note, he also has a nice motor-cross track, same story over there. I don't think there is an RC or moto racing league in Houston that will deal with him anymore.

Short wires being fast make a lot of sense. With our low-voltage, high amp systems, every inch of wire matters.

Nah, I have not raced properly in +20 years. I used to race 2wd 1/10 buggy and Stadium truck. We moved to a town with no track back around y2k, so I sold most of my stuff. Took me till about 5 years ago to restart the hobby properly. A few years ago I decided to start racing again, as the local track has a pretty good 1/8 turnout. Only got one race in before the track owner and race organizer fell out and the racing stopped... Track is still open, but often overgrown with weeds... The owner has it as a side business to selling dirt (sandpit). He will let anyone start a racing league, but then starts to be an arse as soon as turnout gets high. Side note, he also has a nice motor-cross track, same story over there. I don't think there is an RC or moto racing league in Houston that will deal with him anymore.

Short wires being fast make a lot of sense. With our low-voltage, high amp systems, every inch of wire matters.
Right on man ! You cool af , I started 4 years ago after I got in a tragic accident and needed to rehab for a year I chose rc , started with a slash and frankeinsteined it completly actually had one of the fastes track times with it I have it on video , 1.7 in a slash , drag car on foams , competing with the big boys and I was stil 32 pitch ! Now I have the right cars with the right stuff I’m living in Los Angeles , I race in Compton from time to time , and sdra (haven’t been in a year ) but that’s my home track although 5 hours from my house . I used to race with @straightfast u prob heard of him and Tim smith , but anyways I just got into dirt racing so we will c where that takes me but drag racing a 8 or 7 scale is where it’s at ! My rig is pretty sick . What type of car do u prefer for draging , street 132

378C4F38-A728-43EB-8349-34C81C8860B7.jpeg

C9FA2C7C-F947-4FFC-920D-A1426476B80F.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back