Custom parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@olds97_lss @arrmaracing I looked it up. They make a short wheelbase that is the Senton/Typhon/Outcast and a long wheelbase that is the Talion/Kraton. So I should have all the chassis covered for prints for a 3-3.5mm thick lightened racer series and a 4-5mm thick basher series.
M3 is already making a 4mm 7075 chassis which will weigh the same as the stock chassis apparently but no one had made a 3mm yet :)

Michael myers. He makes custom parts for rc cars. He is also the man behind the xl kraton for tppartsxtreme.

Link to site?
All I see is Facebook....and I don't do Facebook

I think a machine motor mount for longer can motors like a tp motor for speed runners or just bashers like me who run long can 4092 type motors. Like a mount for addition support towards the rear of the can for kraton

I think a machine motor mount for longer can motors like a tp motor for speed runners or just bashers like me who run long can 4092 type motors. Like a mount for addition support towards the rear of the can for kraton
That's one of the first things I want to do is make larger motor mounts.

You make any of this and I will bash it on my kraton, outcast, talion till it breaks and give you feedback. M3 Also makes a metal skid plate.

Attachments

• 8ACA4CB3-8EA3-4B6F-ACFB-2411A4AA05F3.jpeg
    8ACA4CB3-8EA3-4B6F-ACFB-2411A4AA05F3.jpeg
    412.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DC66B87C-F750-4E34-B313-3822DC679DA1.jpeg
    DC66B87C-F750-4E34-B313-3822DC679DA1.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 60
You make any of this and I will bash it on my kraton, outcast, talion till it breaks and give you feedback. M3 Also makes a metal skid plate.
Metal, but aluminum. That grinds down fast. Granted, it's pretty wide, but I still prefer steel or titanium for a wear plate. Steel is cheap and easy, bur rusts. Titanium is expensive and hard to mill without proper tools, but makes for pretty pretty sparks. :)

I had aluminum skids on my revos, but they would grind through in a very short time as well, they way it's designed, the plate holds the ends of the lower hinge pins in place. Once the plate breaks off, they fall out in short order because they use short split pins on the bottom. If you don't catch it in time, you end up landing with a hinge pin missing, then mess up the arms, axle, tierod and pushrod.

Metal, but aluminum. That grinds down fast. Granted, it's pretty wide, but I still prefer steel or titanium for a wear plate. Steel is cheap and easy, bur rusts. Titanium is expensive and hard to mill without proper tools, but makes for pretty pretty sparks. :)

I had aluminum skids on my revos, but they would grind through in a very short time as well, they way it's designed, the plate holds the ends of the lower hinge pins in place. Once the plate breaks off, they fall out in short order because they use short split pins on the bottom. If you don't catch it in time, you end up landing with a hinge pin missing, then mess up the arms, axle, tierod and pushrod.
What are you running them on that you are grinding them down so quickly?

What are you running them on that you are grinding them down so quickly?
Concrete skate parks. At the base of almost every jump, it's a soft curve, so the tires follow the curve and when hitting at a high rate of speed, the entire chassis squats until it impacts the ground. Then between the the torque of the motor as you punch it up a jump and the change in direction, there's a ton of force pushing the rear of the chassis into the face of the jump for at least the first few feet. The front does the same thing, but it's contact is much quicker and shorter due to the motor trying to raise the nose as you punch the throttle up the face of the jump.

You can hear it impact and then scrape in the my videos. Especially now that I have the steel plates on it, it's easier to hear.

Who makes upgraded chassis for the outcast? I’ve seen a pic on here but can’t remember where I’ve seen it

Stainless or just steel front/rear skid plates that wear more slowly when bashing at skate parks. Fairly simple to make. Would be even easier if I had a bench grinder and band saw. As it is, I have a hack saw and a dremel. At least I have a countersink bit to lower the screws half way into the plate LOL!

2018-0730-Outcast-Bottom-SteelPlates.jpg

I had to do the same on my revo's otherwise I'd grind through a rear skid plate in one bash, then lose my hinge pins. After seeing the bottom of my buddies talion, I knew I'd have to do the same on the outcast. Steel holds up for quite a while. I drilled the holes on the rear one kind of crooked, but it still works fine.

Voltage hobbies already has these and they are pretty reasonable priced.

https://www.voltagehobbies.com/stor...2018_,_Talion,_Typhon,_Senton,_Outcast.html#/

TT

Hi

Parts for the Pro-line Pro MT4x4, like the center diff housing, and beefier inner swing arm hinge pin holders. The current hinge pin holders have a big weak spot right where the screw holes are, the aluminum is too thin around the screw holes..

Are you still taking requests? If so a Nero ESC mount would be awesome. @lonee made one and posted some pictures of it, but I don't believe he has the facilities to produce and sell them. He posted some pictures of it in a thread called Nero ESC Mount. Hope he doesn't mind me mentioning it and asking if you and your friend could produce something similar. I don't have a spare ESC or Radio Tray at the moment. I could have a spare radio tray sent to you, but I wouldn't be able to send a spare ESC at this time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back