Custom ramps in Chicagoland area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hankacrank

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Vorteks
Hey folks, I just met up with a guy in the Chicago area who builds his own custom RC ramps for sale. He built me a 36" wide quarter pipe ramp for $125. It's very solid and it folds down so it fits in the car easily. I'm gonna post video of me sending my Granite 3S and Vorteks 3S off of it soon. I'm honestly very happy with the quality and the price of this. If you want to get in contact with him to have one built his instagram handle is @heko_74.

IMG-8387.jpg

IMG-8388.jpg

EDIT: here’s the test run!

Last edited:
Oh yeah. I kinda meant this is great for local people in the Chicago area. I think in Dallas you have many options out there. Isn't RC culture huge there? In Chicago there doesn't seem to be anyone else making RC ramps.

The only "custom ramps" I've seen around here is someone kicking a couple of cinder blocks off the back of their pickup truck and stacking them up ,then laying a piece of scratch plywood against it..

I'm not joking.

The only "custom ramps" I've seen around here is someone kicking a couple of cinder blocks off the back of their pickup truck and stacking them up ,then laying a piece of scratch plywood against it..

I'm not joking.
lmao that's the most Texas thing I've heard in a while. Uncontrolled jumps like that are fun but also cause easy damage to your RC's. Need a sloping grade with a wide entry (3 feet or more) if you're going full send. Unfortunately if no one is local making them the two best options are to either DIY or pay an insane premium for a KC-RC ramp from Canada ($300). Those ones are really nice though. CnC'd metal, very light, fold up nicely, and have adjustable height.

Hey folks, I just met up with a guy in the Chicago area who builds his own custom RC ramps for sale. He built me a 36" wide quarter pipe ramp for $125. It's very solid and it folds down so it fits in the car easily. I'm gonna post video of me sending my Granite 3S and Vorteks 3S off of it soon. I'm honestly very happy with the quality and the price of this. If you want to get in contact with him to have one built his instagram handle is @heko_74.

View attachment 245196
View attachment 245197

I’m an hour south of Chicago and interested

That ramp looks mad cool. Post or send me his info, I'd be interested in one for sure!

Nice! What does he use for the deck/face of the ramp? I see some kind of vinyl sticker but is it wood underneath? If so how thick is it? I’ve built many ramps and am always curious how others do it. 👍

Nice! What does he use for the deck/face of the ramp? I see some kind of vinyl sticker but is it wood underneath? If so how thick is it? I’ve built many ramps and am always curious how others do it. 👍
The deck part on mine appears to be made of an aluminum sheet fused to poly core (a product called MaxMetal) with a custom vinyl wrapped onto it that he designed. He has access to some fabrication equipment, I believe. But he told me this is the last one he is going to make with custom vinyl because it's added work for the cost. He has made many others with curved plywood on the deck which is a little heavier so for the size I wanted it's more ideal to me to have this material to keep it at 30lbs so I can lift it alone easily and get into and out of my truck.

The deck part on mine appears to be made of an aluminum sheet fused to poly core (a product called MaxMetal) with a custom vinyl wrapped onto it that he designed. He has access to some fabrication equipment, I believe. But he told me this is the last one he is going to make with custom vinyl because it's added work for the cost. He has made many others with curved plywood on the deck which is a little heavier so for the size I wanted it's more ideal to me to have this material to keep it at 30lbs so I can lift it alone easily and get into and out of my truck.
That’s really cool, I found their website but couldn’t find any prices. Is yours the 3mm thick stuff?

Are there any decent ramps that can be shipped for less than $200-$250? I don't have the tools or the space to build one. I got into rc wanting to do big air and have pretty much given up because I don't have whats needed to build a ramp and would probably screw it up even if I did have the tools. Can't find any decent ramps without spending $300+.

I'm not joking.
Thats how we made ramps for our bikes back in the day!! 😂

Thats how we made ramps for our bikes back in the day!! 😂
You had cinder blocks and plywood? Boojie!

We made due with ditches and natural formations. Got your butt whooped for taking a cinder block that dad had plans for. Didn't matter that it was sitting there for 10 years. Trust me. He had a plan. And, my butt will confirm it. Lol.

View attachment 245196
View attachment 245197
Glad you liked the ramp. L

View attachment 245196
View attachment 245197
Glad you liked the ramp! Looking forward to some vids. These are great pics btw.

Welcome to the forum @Heko 🤙

You make these? Nice job! How much does a sheet of the material you use for the decking cost?

Welcome to the forum @Heko 🤙

You make these? Nice job! How much does a sheet of the material you use for the decking cost?
Hey what up. I think they are about $90. It a 4x8 sheet. I would have to check for sure on that.
Hey what up. I think they are about $90. It a 4x8 sheet. I would have to check for sure on that.
Oh sorry, yes I made the ramp, Thanks!

@Heko
Welcome to theRanch!

How high can a rig fly using your creations?
Post some action pics or videos of your ramp being utilized!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back