Custom springs for heavy kratons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines a pig and the springs are set to max preload and she still slaps hard and sags under it's own weight. I have 100wt losi oil and doesn't make much of a difference. I think the new v3/v4 springs are 6.2 lb so maybe a 6.75 to 7 pound spring might do it without making it undriveable.

Not sure what that thread was but I Picked up some of these beasts.
All springs comparison.jpg
Spring Rates.jpg

https://www.flexosprings.com/compression-springs
or from a quick search from USA
usa springs.jpg

https://www.thespringstore.com/catalogsearch/advanced/result/?cs_od_mm[from]=24&cs_od_mm[to]=28&cs_fl_mm[from]=80&cs_fl_mm[to]=100&cs_rt_mm[from]=1.5&cs_rt_mm[to]=2.5009&cs_ld_mm[from]=&cs_ld_mm[to]=&cs_dt_mm[from]=&cs_dt_mm[to]=&cs_tc_mm[from]=&cs_tc_mm[to]=&cs_sh_mm[from]=&cs_sh_mm[to]=&cs_id_mm[from]=20.5&cs_id_mm[to]=22&cs_wd_mm[from]=&cs_wd_mm[to]=&cs_mt=&search=stock-compression-springs&unit_measure=me

At the end of the day.. they are just compression springs.. think outside the box :p

Last edited:
We really need dual-rate for überbasherified rigs to put a bit of pillow on that slam.
After my springs were getting weak and would not rebound anymore, I bought a set of spare springs but those were to short🤦‍♂️. So I ‘MacGyvered’ my own dual rate springs, it was either that or wait for the new shocks and to be honest I wanted the see if the MacGuyvering would actually work😄
Rear springs went to the front shocks with max preload, and rear shocks got the front springs AND the new set of front springs. I set the shock collar free to move and act as a moveable divider between the two shocks. All the shocks now rebound again and actually surpised how they work now👍
BTW the new shocks arrived this week, but I think Ikeep running my custom dual spring shocks for now 😎😂
image.jpg

I just googled compression springs to find them tbh, I just assumed u were stateside sorry, and measured shock collar diameter etc, the top 2 would fit ok, I think the collar dia is 21mm, can't remember now. The bottom one is in inches and stainless steel. Music wire is better for what we need them for imo. sorry cba to convert as I'm on my phone atm lol. I'm sure there is a spring manufacturer in Canada that will have something useful. I ended up getting 4x the shorter springs and 2x of the longer as I was in the same boat of not knowing if they would be too heavy, but imo they are spot on, just need to up cst of oil to compensate extra rating, I'm running 1350cst atm but will be trying 2000cst once I change internals to m2c ones in a few days.

I just googled compression springs to find them tbh, I just assumed u were stateside sorry, and measured shock collar diameter etc, the top 2 would fit ok, I think the collar dia is 21mm, can't remember now. The bottom one is in inches and stainless steel. Music wire is better for what we need them for imo. sorry cba to convert as I'm on my phone atm lol. I'm sure there is a spring manufacturer in Canada that will have something useful. I ended up getting 4x the shorter springs and 2x of the longer as I was in the same boat of not knowing if they would be too heavy, but imo they are spot on, just need to up cst of oil to compensate extra rating, I'm running 1350cst atm but will be trying 2000cst once I change internals to m2c ones in a few days.
The springs you posted in your first pic are the ones you are running right? I am contacting a canadian site to send them the specs for a quote.

Spring Rates.jpg

I
After my springs were getting weak and would not rebound anymore, I bought a set of spare springs but those were to short🤦‍♂️. So I ‘MacGyvered’ my own dual rate springs, it was either that or wait for the new shocks and to be honest I wanted the see if the MacGuyvering would actually work😄
Rear springs went to the front shocks with max preload, and rear shocks got the front springs AND the new set of front springs. I set the shock collar free to move and act as a moveable divider between the two shocks. All the shocks now rebound again and actually surpised how they work now👍
BTW the new shocks arrived this week, but I think Ikeep running my custom dual spring shocks for now 😎😂
View attachment 144725
Was actually thinking about doing this last night 👍

Yeah those are what I'm running.
Is there any chance you can make/post a video of you compressing the shocks (push down on front end) and do a drop test I wanna see how they look/react in real life before I buy. My shock guru @slick2500 thinks the springs might be a bit too stiff but you said you like them so I just want a video for reference before I buy it's a lot to order from uk and no other site has answered my requests for quotes. Thanks in advance.

The springs might be too heavy if you have a light weight rig as springs deal with weight. I'll see what I can do over the weekend, I'm about to install a few upgrades and new modded shock pistons which I could do with getting some video footage of aswell. East tactics has been posting a few videos on springs and shocks lately which you might want to take a look at.

drop test as requested, I have uprated the oil to suit and now installed hybrid m2c pistons, but its still a work in progress
Thank you kindly. I think I'll order just the one set for the kraton, she's the pig out of the two. I'm happy with the video I don't think they are too heavy.

from what i can tell you from this set up the fronts feel to me a little heavy but i also think i could do with heavier on the back, the front feels like it bounces a little when driving but the back feels too soft even with thicker oil. still testing and messing though :D

The rebound action sure recovers quickly, which is nice. I'm feeling heavier oil for those M2C pistons. That should address both problems you mention. Which oil are you using now?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back