Custom springs for heavy kratons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gunna get ahold of a scale to weigh them both and see what they are at and post back with results @Prowler666 @slick2500 and see what you guys recommend if you don't mind. It's not a cheap choice to make just for stupid springs but I need to fix that narly slap on jumps etc.
The last column on the image of the spring specs on my 1st post tells the weight of each spring, but not sure why that weight would concern anyone, I think people are more likely concerned about the spring rating rather then weight.

I've searched all over the only
That sounds about right, I measured the collar that the spring sits on and that is 21mm so ID needs to be 21mm+
Well I have looked all over and I can't find anything that's a bit less stiff than your's in the right dimensions. So I think I'll give yours a shot on the kraton only. I can't get a hold of a scale to weigh it but I have a jbi chassis a 4985 max6 combo and 10mm(the thickest he offers) jbi towers. And a whole bunch of alloy parts too so my kraton is heavy especially with my cnhl battery in it. I can't afford the m2c pistons yet is there any real advantage to them? Or can I use stock pistons with the thicker oil I already have 100wt losi oil in them whatever that converts to cst.

I emailed flexo springs to see if the have something a little less stiff at 1.75 n/mm for front (10 inch pound) and 1.4 n/mm for rear (8 inch pound) if not I'll have to go with the ones you use.

weighed my rig over the weekend and it was 15.75 lb thats with max 6 4985 and both 6500mah batteries in, so your looking about that more than like.
The m2c pistons do make the feel more plush as they fit inside with a rubber seal .. the standard pistons have a slight gap around the edge so oil moves round the sides of the piston aswell as through the holes, you can reduce the amount of holes or put in some with smaller holes to help compensate.
you have the base dimensions so google compression springs near you?
or you could always try https://www.centuryspring.com/catalog/compression-regular and put in base requirements

Last edited:
after a quick search on there and using the data supplied
Century springs 02.jpg

You could always try the cheaper option of
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...9#625_4452#5108#23442#452_4452#3564#16062#654
or https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...7564#658_668#3164#9976#224_668#3468#15607#100
but they don't state the n/mm , but its an option.

Springs are on their way, I couldn't find shock oil in that weight so I bought diff oil in that weight. It's silicone oil so it can't be any different from shock oil.

Received some spring from Ali Express today and they look nice the 3mm ones I think are going to be too heavy but I'll try them at some point anyway, the 2.5mm from ali are looking about right for what I am after. Following is an image of all the spring types I now have to play with.
20210614_170211.jpg

Did you ever get a chance to test these out? I need new springs for my Outcast and this thread was the first thing I thought of.

They are good for the first run I had on them. I like how they take up the excess chassis slap. But they are stiff and you need some thicccc oil for them. How heavy is your outcast bro? My kraton is a pig, jbi 10mm towers, jbi chassis, max 6 combo she weighs quite a bit more than stock now. I can save you some money and time if you want me to ship you the set I have spare. Just cover shipping. Would be quicker than waiting for them from europe.

They are good for the first run I had on them. I like how they take up the excess chassis slap. But they are stiff and you need some thicccc oil for them. How heavy is your outcast bro? My kraton is a pig, jbi 10mm towers, jbi chassis, max 6 combo she weighs quite a bit more than stock now. I can save you some money and time if you want me to ship you the set I have spare. Just cover shipping. Would be quicker than waiting for them from europe.
Idk, I tried using a bathroom scale once and it only showed 10lbs. I know that isn't right because the stock Outcast weighs 10lbs 11 oz.

Idk, I tried using a bathroom scale once and it only showed 10lbs. I know that isn't right because the stock Outcast weighs 10lbs 11 oz.
Like I said if you want them to try out just send me what it would cost to ship em to you and you can have em. I won't be using them my noto is too light for them and I'm not really using my rigs that much anymore.

the oil shown in the test vid was 1.5k front and 3k rear, so don't really want to go much heavier tbh.

there are a few pics near the bottom of my build thread of what ive been upto with the pistons to help them rebound nice and fast :D
East tactics used 5k to help mitigate the heavier springs on his with good results you may wanna test that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back