Talion Custom talion conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! Just wanted to make a small build thread of how my exb to talion conversion is coming along. The talion has been my absolute favorite rc since I first laid eyes on it. I had always wanted one, but once they were discontinued they became so scarce and could not find one any where. I decided to just piece out a scratch build and came to the conclusion that starting with an exb roller and then putting in some m2c/JBIRC goodies to fully convert it over would be my cheapest option. Pretty much all done, just need to build the shocks and then throw in the esc. Only major issues I ran into were having to dremel/file down the ears on the chassis for the front and rear to clear the a-arms, Dremel down the diff wells to make room for the ring gear to spin, and drill out the front upper arm pin holes in the shock towers. Everything else pretty much came together well!
D1772864-3938-4CCD-9C15-BAEA82C0B1B6.jpeg
A022C23D-3AE6-4F7E-8881-C2F779F7FAF8.jpeg
9C5B29B1-E36B-47FC-ADF0-523761784175.jpeg
18EE6A2E-9C61-46E1-8B1F-FDDD61B0DDB2.jpeg
2773EA82-70E8-4BA6-B9E3-089706E26C55.jpeg
ad7255f7-9afc-405e-9876-84da6ae58663-jpeg.148273

AD7255F7-9AFC-405E-9876-84DA6AE58663.jpeg

The talion is my favorite rig. And you are using a good powerplant. I'm a little concerned about the diff ring gear not fitting though. I wonder where the issue was. I'm guessing the diffs were exb and the cases were v4 or something? What esc are you putting in? I'm upgrading my stock one to a lightweight speed build to compliment the heavy beefcake one hahahaha.

The talion is my favorite rig. And you are using a good powerplant. I'm a little concerned about the diff ring gear not fitting though. I wonder where the issue was. I'm guessing the diffs were exb and the cases were v4 or something? What esc are you putting in? I'm upgrading my stock one to a lightweight speed build to compliment the heavy beefcake one hahahaha.
They were exb diffs and stock v5 cases straight from the exb man. I’m thinking this speed chassis is meant for v4 and when I was comparing them the ring gear on the exb is slightly larger in diameter. I’ll be using a mamba monster x 8s for the esc!
carn,t wait for the v5 :p
No doubt!! Hoping it comes soon 😂😂

They were exb diffs and stock v5 cases straight from the exb man. I’m thinking this speed chassis is meant for v4 and when I was comparing them the ring gear on the exb is slightly larger in diameter. I’ll be using a mamba monster x 8s for the esc!

Ahh gotcha. Yeah I haven’t seen Mitch put out a newer style chassis for the talion. I have the same one going on mine but it’s all v4 parts

Went out and took it in some NASTY NASTY jumps and this thing is an ANIMAL. Swapped out the 1730 hobby star for my 1717 sensores I had with a 24t pinion, and my god. I went through 3 6000mah packs and I think I was more tired than the truck was 😂😂😂 I’ll see if I can get around to throwing up a video of it here soon. Here’s a beatdown sesh of my outcast though 😂

I hope so too thinking about a tekno et48 2.0 love kits

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back