Custom tower-to-tower brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
Hi!

The tower-to-tower brace I made for my Arrma Outcast needs replacement

I used a aluminium rectangular tube with cuts, to place it over the tower and hold in place by some zip-ties.

Now my question: I came across a Steel pen, which was used in my leg when it was broken.

Would this be a better/tougher solution?

Hi!

I used a aluminium rectangular tube with cuts, to place it over the tower and hold in place by some zip-ties.

Now my question: I came across a Steel pen, which was used in my leg when it was broken.

The 'steel' pin? from your leg will actually be titanium so could well be.. depending on the dimensions etc

Keep in mind that sometimes the bit of give provided by using a soft material that can absorb some of the impact rather than transferring it all... can be a good thing though.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies!

It could be steel. That's why his friends call him Rusty. :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The 'steel' pin? from your leg will actually be titanium so could well be.. depending on the dimensions etc

Keep in mind that sometimes the bit of give provided by using a soft material that can absorb some of the impact rather than transferring it all... can be a good thing though.

You're right, didn't realize that until your post, could result in two bent shocktowers instead of one.....

Oh well, I'm going to give it a try anyway .... maybe also because it's kind of different.....

Your pin is most probably Titanium. Like mine. I don't see why not to use it or any material that's readily available.. This has been done many times before upgrade T2T's as well as Arrma's were around
Ti is very hard to machine and cut however. Food for thought. (y)

Hi!

Not sure if it will fit/work but if you get that pin from your leg to work, you would officially have the most badass T2T brace out there. Like imagine the convo "hey man where did you get that brace that's sick" "my leg" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Your pin is most probably Titanium. Like mine. I don't see why not to use it or any material that's readily available.. This has been done many times before upgrade T2T's as well as Arrma's were around
Ti is very hard to machine and cut however. Food for thought. (y)

Thanks, there are some holes in it already, so I think I can make it fit

Not sure if it will fit/work but if you get that pin from your leg to work, you would officially have the most badass T2T brace out there. Like imagine the convo "hey man where did you get that brace that's sick" "my leg" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:D

Not sure what to reply when someone says: "I want one too!!"

Thanks, there are some holes in it already, so I think I can make it fit

:D

Not sure what to reply when someone says: "I want one too!!"
Tell them to go break a leg! :ROFLMAO:

I used a piece of steel square key stock originally. I think it was 1/4". Drilled a hole through the tower, then drilled/tapped the ends of the key stock with a 4mm bolt that ran through the tower.

This caused an issue though with the pressure point being so narrow, the rear tower was more likely to bend where the key stock was bolted to it. After bending the tower back a couple times, it cracked at my 4mm hole. I went back to 3/4" (or 1" ) box stock, then at least the pressure points were 3/4-1" from each other and the distance from the contact point to the outer edge of the towers was shorter, so less bending for that as well.

I used a piece of steel square key stock originally. I think it was 1/4". Drilled a hole through the tower, then drilled/tapped the ends of the key stock with a 4mm bolt that ran through the tower.

This caused an issue though with the pressure point being so narrow, the rear tower was more likely to bend where the key stock was bolted to it. After bending the tower back a couple times, it cracked at my 4mm hole. I went back to 3/4" (or 1" ) box stock, then at least the pressure points were 3/4-1" from each other and the distance from the contact point to the outer edge of the towers was shorter, so less bending for that as well.

Great tip, I'll try to make a plate or something to make a bigger pressure point (y)

I don't run a T2T now. I have the M2C chassis, M2C rear tower brace, HR alloy chassis braces and titanium towers. I also have the HR motor mount/cap/center diff front piece. My outcast doesn't flex much, but it does still flex between where the chassis braces mount to the chassis and center diff.

IMG_20200722_125047.jpg

PVC water pipe. Flexible to save the towers/gearboxes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back