Custom Traxxas Maxx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dizzle

Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-...600688?hash=item3ff6aef4b0:g:pq4AAOSw9PNgT9Zt

So... If you bought a Traxxas Maxx Roller what electronics would you use?

I already have bought into the Spektrum battery system but can I get some good speed with 3s?

What castle system would be best if I wanted to run my 3s Spektrum batteries?

Also... Do they make body posts for the Maxx so you can use other bodies?

Are the stock wheel hexes 17mm?

Could I use Outcast 4s Backflip LPs?

Post some pics of your custom Maxx?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BRAND-NEW-...600688?hash=item3ff6aef4b0:g:pq4AAOSw9PNgT9Zt

So... If you bought a Traxxas Maxx Roller what electronics would you use?

I already have bought into the Spektrum battery system but can I get some good speed with 3s?

What castle system would be best if I wanted to run my 3s Spektrum batteries?

Also... Do they make body posts for the Maxx so you can use other bodies?

Are the stock wheel hexes 17mm?

Could I use Outcast 4s Backflip LPs?

Post some pics of your custom Maxx?
My maxx had the factory electronics... never had a need to go bigger or different.

when you buy a wide max kit you’ll want to get the 17mm hexes with them as they do not come with 17mm.. they come with 12mm and a spacer adaptor.. so when you do upgrade to your bigger 17mm hexes you can still use the stock wheels...

I have the wide maxx kit... steel axle upgrade and the 17mm hexes.. also running backflip LP’s ..

AA245CBC-6BEF-418D-9941-8C8CCADF6CC6.jpeg

Last edited:
My maxx had the factory electronics... never had a need to go bigger or different.

when you buy a wide max kit you’ll want to get the 17mm hexes with them as they do not come with 17mm.. they come with 12mm and a spacer adaptor.. so when you do upgrade to your bigger 17mm hexes you can still use the stock wheels...

I have the wide maxx kit... steel axle upgrade and the 17mm hexes.. also running backflip LP’s ..
Nice! That looks good!

Last edited:
What size hexes come stock with Maxx?

Can you post some pics?
It’s a unique system to the maxx.. the stock max has 17mm wheels but has an adaptor and a spacer that make is work with the stock axle style. The maxx is just like a rustler or or stampede with the nut on the end... when you upgrade the maxx to the steel axles you get a set of the e-revo hexes..

View attachment 136321
I love the stay true to colors thing - you did it with the pink one too.

Thats an expensive chassis. I got a used rtr Maxx for $340. Installed the wide kit and backflip lp's. Broke the plastic axles on the first run. I guess the backflips are to much for the plastic hexes. Will be picking up the cvd today. Since I miss running my max.

That's a good deal that would be awesome to find one for that price I would pay that in a minute

I own several Arrmas and we probably wouldn't be having this conversation if the Outcast 4s was available.

😯 Ohhhh where's all the haters at now??? They must be on backorder too 😯 That's right !!!
At this point in time I wouldn't hold my breath for the 4s models.

Well I've been holding my breath for awhile for the 4S and may have to till June just to see what becomes of it.

Actually sold a Rustler VXL 2wd and lipo yesterday to get some more cash. Been saving for the Xmaxx but Arrma keeps d!cking on the 4S, don't know how this will turn out.

With a roller, I'd go with a max8 and 4074 2200kv motor. Pretty sure that fits in there... then run it on 4S. Kind of like my slashpede 4x4 that I have a blx185 and blx2050 4074 in now. Runs relatively cool even when pushed hard on 4S in the lighter vehicles.

View attachment 136321
Which wheels are those? I've read that the stock backflip LP wheels rub on the a-arms.

Any rubbing issues with yours? Do they have more offset than the stock LP wheels?

Which wheels are those? I've read that the stock backflip LP wheels rub on the a-arms.

Any rubbing issues with yours? Do they have more offset than the stock LP wheels?
They are Traxxas wheels… e-revo 2.0 to be exact. They have three colors .. green orange and black.. they have backflip Lp tires glued tho :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back