Cutting Ec5 connectors voids warranty?

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Nero
Just bought Typhon 3s....will replacing ec5 connectors on esc with xt90 connectors void the 2 year warranty? Hoping not, but warranty states you cannot modify vehicle.

Thoughts?

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Maybe spend a few $ on EC5->XT90 adapters to run it for a while at first to ferret out any issues. Then after a month or so, replace the esc connectors with the xt90's.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Nero
Yeah...I bought an adapter, but it was the wrong male/female setup...have xt90s I could solder...but may have to wait for another set of adapters to arrive.

Capon3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite
I can't say for sure, but on RC Group Forum someone told me to change the connector also and another guy who seems to know his stuff said it voids your warranty with Arrma.. I bought 2 EC5 batteries for my Granite BLX 3S. A 5000Mah 3S & a 6000Mah 2S. Combined came too $65.

slick2500

Will work for beer.
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Outcast 6s, Typhon 3s
Easy peasy, buy a spare EC5 connector and solder it on before you send it back in. Problem solved lol.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Nero
Thanks for the replies...I will try hobby shop tomorrow and see if they have the correct adapter...if not the EC5 will be coming off. Looking fwd to ripping this thing around!

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's