Cutting Ec5 connectors voids warranty?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Just bought Typhon 3s....will replacing ec5 connectors on esc with xt90 connectors void the 2 year warranty? Hoping not, but warranty states you cannot modify vehicle.

Thoughts?

Yeah...I bought an adapter, but it was the wrong male/female setup...have xt90s I could solder...but may have to wait for another set of adapters to arrive.

I can't say for sure, but on RC Group Forum someone told me to change the connector also and another guy who seems to know his stuff said it voids your warranty with Arrma.. I bought 2 EC5 batteries for my Granite BLX 3S. A 5000Mah 3S & a 6000Mah 2S. Combined came too $65.

Thanks for the replies...I will try hobby shop tomorrow and see if they have the correct adapter...if not the EC5 will be coming off. Looking fwd to ripping this thing around!

I am aware of the age of this thread but I asked this is what I got

Attachments

• 0F6348F5-6655-4D60-A6A7-B5138B6AC7E4.jpeg
    0F6348F5-6655-4D60-A6A7-B5138B6AC7E4.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 121
I am aware of the age of this thread but I asked this is what I got
That has seriously got to be the dumbest advice I have ever seen. I would never under any circumstances use an adapter plug as those are known to cause problems.

Put EC5 connectors on your batteries.. So you can run your new truck without voiding the warrenty..

Those EC5 connectors will also fit all your XT90 other truck connectors..
It isnt such a XT90 - XT90 tight fit.. But it works.. In my case.. I cant even plug them in wrong way around.. Only thing you need to do is a wrap of electrical tape so they don't come loose..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back