Cv joint keeps disconnecting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virginia mud

Reaction score
Cv joint on right rear keeps disconnecting even after replacement. What is happening?

20210829_131025.jpg

I'd guess your slipper is too tight or could possibly be a bad bearing seized in the hub not allowing it to spin freely.

After this happens once then twice and with subsequent re-attatching, it will just be more problematic. It is just worn out. Undue loading causes this like stated in the above post by @Edough13. Check your slipper setting. It is the only buffer to excessive loads or binding.

I was having the same problem to and the cause was a maxed punch level. You can turn down punch or do what I did: buy Hot Racing CVDs and watch pins break until the u joint does. Then try GPMs to notice a horrible imbalance and vibration "shudder". As a last resort, try Arrmas HD CVD and be surprised they actually hold up better than the others.
#AR310870 (ARAC3974)
AR310870 or ARAC3974

Get Arrma CVD's like @Greengaunja mentioned . I have turned down my slipper but I keep breaking em. For now loosen your slipper and put the shaft together. Once you put it back together, take a Hair dryer and warm up the joint. Then take pliers and bend the plastic around the pin. That should make it stronger and get you running.

Get Arrma CVD's like @Greengaunja mentioned . I have turned down my slipper but I keep breaking em. For now loosen your slipper and put the shaft together. Once you put it back together, take a Hair dryer and warm up the joint. Then take pliers and bend the plastic around the pin. That should make it stronger and get you running.
Were you able to find them? My lhs ordered them for me. When I first went this route, they had only 1 ARRMA set and 1 Hot Racing set. The HR require changing outputs(supplied with shafts). When HR went FUBAR, I tried a set of GPMs only to learn why they have several in stock. No one buys them.

ARRMA, still going strong
16302717415617616718569828623635.jpg

GPM, bulky and imbalanced
16302718659983588713362898310980.jpg

I actually thought GPM would be idea as admittedly they seem solid but there are huge noticeable differences in handling. None of it good
Here is why HR should be avoided
16302722899308721567310053855918.jpg

If you look at the top part of the shafts, you can see the thin wire like metal wrapped around shaft. Both had pins that broke first run. The metal was a paperclip used to do temporary repairs to salvage my bash session. And they lasted 6 more runs until u joint broke.
My 6S is FULL of HR parts. I like HR. But when a paper clip performs better than their "hardened pins", something is off. Their response was I abused them, which im going to admit to since I run with punch level maxed. Yet it doesn't change the fact that common paper clips survived my punch level.
Funniest part of that conversation I had with them is, punch has nothing to do with this. The pin merely holds two splined parts together(it slides at the bottom). The pins broke from jumps.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back