CV shaft upgrade for Mega/BLS/BLX?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crispy117

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Hi, I have a '13 model Mojave Mega with;
Pro line shocks
Louise tyres
5400Kv brushless motor
60A ESC
3 cell 4000mah battery
'14 spec BLX metal gear gearbox and rear end
Yeti slipper clutch gear 54 tooth
And a few other small mods

I've finally blown up my first metal gearbox (after destroying 4 nylon ones) and I'm in need of a stronger drive line. The drive cups at the wheels wear out very fast (if they don't break first)
Has anyone found and CV shafts that fit these models?

Thanks.

Only time ive heard of cv couplings in a Fury was from another forum, but he replaced the whole diff from another brand to do it.

My axle cups finally need replacing after 6 months of brushless use, I wouldnt mind a solution too!

Only time ive heard of cv couplings in a Fury was from another forum, but he replaced the whole diff from another brand to do it.

My axle cups finally need replacing after 6 months of brushless use, I wouldnt mind a solution too!
6 months! That's impressive! Mine will be mostly flogged out after 5 runs with the 3 cell.
I'll hace to try and track that one down.
Thanks.

Hi

Does your Mojave uses the 80mm dog bones or the 60.5mm dog bones , if it's the 80mm then there are no CVD that are direct drop in, but there are updated 83mm dog bones that fit much better. If your Mojave uses the 60.5mm dog bones then there is a Team Derango CVD that will drob right into place.

Hi

Does your Mojave uses the 80mm dog bones or the 60.5mm dog bones , if it's the 80mm then there are no CVD that are direct drop in, but there are updated 83mm dog bones that fit much better. If your Mojave uses the 60.5mm dog bones then there is a Team Derango CVD that will drob right into place.

Awesome! Thanks heaps. I'll give one of those a crack.
I'm currently doing a good handful of aftermarket modifications; heavy duty swing arms, aluminium hubs etc.

Hi, I have a '13 model Mojave Mega with;
Pro line shocks
Louise tyres
5400Kv brushless motor
60A ESC
3 cell 4000mah battery
'14 spec BLX metal gear gearbox and rear end
Yeti slipper clutch gear 54 tooth
And a few other small mods

I've finally blown up my first metal gearbox (after destroying 4 nylon ones) and I'm in need of a stronger drive line. The drive cups at the wheels wear out very fast (if they don't break first)
Has anyone found and CV shafts that fit these models?

Thanks.
Could you help me out and measure the outside diameter of the differential and idler gear. i was wanting to know if its the same size as the voltage series

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back