CVD Conversion is possible

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I was so close to finding the perfect drop-in for the stock 1/10, and the only problem was the pin size's for connecting the axel to the dog bone. The axles used 2mm pins and the dog bones used 1/16" pins.

Onto another note, I just ordered the last of the parts to do the A.E. rear end conversion.

As for the diff get the HPI 1/10 Blitz Flux Complete Rear Differential & Gear Box for about $40 from dollarhobbyz.com.

One swap I have seen mentioned a lot for the fury is this hpi blitz diff change. I'll definitely do this when I convert to brushless. Thanks for the info!

Hi

I just did some calculating and you can also get a all metal A.E. SC10 Diff gear with 6 spiders from T.H. for $42 using the $10 off $50 order code.

Here are the part number for it.
SCT38XH Hot Racing Hard Anodized Aluminum Diff Gear SC10
ASC9829 Associated Gear Diff Rebuild SC10
ASC9830 Associated Gear Differential Outdrives SC10

You will also need to get some 10mm shims or spacers to center it in the diff case. I do not know how many shims are going to be needed.

Hi

Well I got the parts in today and it turns out I didn't need half of them. As you can see the SC10/T4 CVA are the perfect length as long as you use the SC10/B44 Hub carriers. I still need to get the proper wheel nuts for these axles and bigger hinge pins, the stock one are not thick enuff for the Hub carriers. I also need to adjust the turn buckles.

CVD%201_zpsrv4elgcc.jpg

CVD%202_zpshizg3nvo.jpg

Hi

Here are the parts you will need to do the conversion. I have also included some alternative parts also. As I stated above I still need to find the right size hinge pin's. You will also need the A.E. 12mm hex's because the axles are too long for the Arrma 12mm hex's, and you need to make the holes in the Arrma rims slightly bigger to accommodate the 3/16" axles .

STC7455 CARBON STEEL "Big Bone" Universal Set SC10 T4 25.99
or
ASC7455 Associated MIP CVD Complete Set T4 25.99

ASC9584 Associated Rear Hub Carrier Left & Right RC10B4 2.99
or
70172 RPM Rear Axle Carrier SC10/T4/B4/B44 8.59

ASC7933 Associated Crush Tube GT2 1.29

ASC7935 Associated Bearing .187x.500x.196" GT2 4.69

ASC3977 Associated Rubber Sealed Bearings 3/16x3/8" 4.69

ASC9834 Associated Aluminum Locknut 8/32" Silver (6) 4.69

Last edited:
Holy crap...im super excited you figured it out....that looks great...now I can tell my friend with trailers full of rc stuff to look for some of these things... go drink a beer u did great...looks great im sure it will be way more reliable now

Hi

Here is my solution for the hinge pin, I used a 1/8" thin walled aluminum tub and I drilled the hole out to 1/8". The tub went in really tight for a good solid fit, and the stock hinge pin fits perfectly.

improvise_zpsqjbdoddr.jpg

For my next project I am going to try and see if the Steering Bell Crank for the B44 will work in are Arrma 1/10's.

Last edited:
Hi

You will also NEED this part. ASC7368 3/16 axle shims.

I found out that there is a procedure to assembling the axles and hubs. You have to install the inner bearing then the spacer and then a 3/16 axle shim and then the outer bearing then 2 3/16 axle shims and then the axle pin. YOU HAVE to have that shim between the spacer and the outer bearing, if you don't the bears are going to bind up on you really badly.

Hi

Well I ordered the B44 Steering Bell Crank and next week when it comes in I will see if I can get it to work on my Raider XL. Also I don't know if any of you have noticed but the Arrma 1/10's have a really bad over steer problem, where one of the tires will actually lock up if you turn the wheels to far. When the tire locks up it put unnecessary force on the steering assembly.

Hi

Well I got the B44 Steering Bell Crank in and its way to big to be of use.

Hi

Well I took the Raider out for a drive yesterday and it handled pretty well, but now I have to get some captured ball ends for the rear turn buckles, and some how I have to get my T.D. axle dust covers to work in order to keep dirt out of the CV Joints. Also a heads up to anyone wanting to do this mod, you will have to get some Nitro RC fuel line to limit the up travel of the shocks by putting it on the shock shaft, in order to keep from destroying your transmission. Using the SC10 CVA puts the dog bone end of the CVA much further into the out drive cups then normal, and because of this when the rear A-arm swings up it will actually push upwards on the tranny out drives.

Hay Mods is there any way that I can rewrite the first post, even if I have to wright it all up and give it to you guys in order to post? It would also be really nice if the edit button would not go away after a couple of post.

Hi

Well next month I will try again to find parts to replace the stock steering servo saver, by getting the steering assembly from a SC10.

Hi

OK I got the steering bell crank from a SC10 and with a little bit of modification it will fit. When I get the pins and the spacers I will start a new thread about how to install the upgraded parts.

Hi

Here is my solution for the hinge pin, I used a 1/8" thin walled aluminum tub and I drilled the hole out to 1/8". The tub went in really tight for a good solid fit, and the stock hinge pin fits perfectly.

improvise_zpsqjbdoddr.jpg

Hi

I think I jumped the gun when I did this to the Hub, it would seem that there is a bigger hinge pin that I could have used, the hinge pin for the front upper control arm (part # AR330144) are 3x35.5 mm. I plan on ordering a new set of AE SC10 hubs to confirm the size fit. Also I plan on reweighting the first post to make it easier for people to do this mod.

Hi

I think I jumped the gun when I did this to the Hub, it would seem that there is a bigger hinge pin that I could have used, the hinge pin for the front upper control arm (part # AR330144) are 3x35.5 mm. I plan on ordering a new set of AE SC10 hubs to confirm the size fit. Also I plan on reweighting the first post to make it easier for people to do this mod.

Im gonna pick up the hpi blitz diff then switch that out and probably go with the rpm b44 hubs.

Probably the mip cva for the t4

My question is what is the crush tube for?

Regardless i decided to take on this expiriment too and ordered not just the trans but the mip kit and rpm carries the bearings and shims and the arrma hinge pins....hope this goes off without too many hitches

I need CVD universals on my Raider XL as it is down for the count. Tore the outdrive to crap and bent the dogbones slightly.

So basically i need a 90mm CVD (not including the joint) to fit in this rear end nicely?

Thing is... Those outdrives are weak? Any idea on this topic?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back