CVD Conversion is possible

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdragon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi

To anyone who is interested there is a way to get CVD's for the 2 wheel drive 1/10 scale Arrma's. It requires the installation of A.E. SC10 parts. The rear axle hubs for the SC10 pretty much has the same dimensions as the rear axle hub for the Arrma 1/10 scale vehicles. And they both have 3/16" or 5mm Axle's that are the same length 44mm.

All you need are four parts
Associated MIP CVD Axle RC10B4 ASC9598
Associated CVD Rebuild Kit T2/T3 ASC7381
MIP Blue Thread Gel/Grease Cup 5201
And the forth part "the bones" depends on what length your axles are.

My raider XL uses 80mm dog bones, but the CVD bones need to be longer because the back part of the CVD axles are shorter then the stock axels by almost 3mm. I figure I will need ether a 85mm to 89mm axle. I figure between 3mm and 5mm is what you will have to add in order to get the right length of CVD Bone.

Also RPM makes a rear axle hub for the SC10 that looks a lot like the Arrma 1/10 stock rear axle hubs.
part #70172

76970b0fa3ad2d6fd874a45a291fb40a.jpg

Hi

The sc10 has 3/16" Axles and the Arma axles are 5mm with a 1mm outer step down.

i got the fury with 80mm dog bones.. let me know if you find something to match yours. I am very interested in upgrading to CVD.. i been spinning the axles off

So did thus work out?

Im ready to do this now to my granite i think this will take it to the next level.

I also see arrma durango 86mm cvd without axels. I not sure if they will work but its about the right legnth for the granite and they are cvds....

Hi

I'm planning on doing a SC10 rear end conversion. I'm going to use the swing arms and RPM hubs for the SC10 in order to get the CVD to fit properly. I ordered some big bone CVD on Friday, and I am ordering the all metal Ball Diff on Monday. And next month I will be getting the rest of the parts for doing my A.E. aluminum Shock conversion.

can i get a few list of parts so i can order it.. i know you got it done, but can you just make a complete list?

Hi

Here are some Associated CVD Bone for the T2/GT part number ASC7379. I contacted A.E. about the length and they confirm that they are 87.4mm long from end to end.

So i was gonna go to the hobby shop today untill last night a rc vetran with over 100 rcs came come and the first thing he said was....looks like an a.e. backend wonder if we can use the diff..... pretty much sold me on the a.e. idea.....gonna try to keep the stock a arms but if not i would still rather have nice system working it rather then a mess....cant wait for you to finish....once im done with making a new t maxx conversion mount gonna work on my own a.e. conversion....
Take pics....lotta pics

Hi

I have been doing some more research and found out that the stock dog bones for the RC10GT are 82.55mm pin to pin. If your 1/10 Arrma uses the 82mm axles then the MIP CVD's may work with your RC, but you will still have to use A.E. axel hubs and bearings for the 3/16 axels. I am trying the A.E. style CVA's instead of the MIP CVD's, but if they don't work out I will give the RC10GT MIP CVD a try. Just so you know I won't have the rest of the part for the conversion until next month.

Last edited:
Hi

I have been doing some more research and found out that the stock dog bones for the RC10GT are 82.55mm pin to pin. If your 1/10 Arrma uses the 82mm axles then the MIP CVD's may work with your RC, but you will still have to use A.E. axel hubs and bearings for the 3/16 axels. I am trying the A.E. style CVA's instead of the MIP CVD's, but if they don't work out I will give the RC10GT MIP CVD a try. Just so you know I won't have the rest of the part for the conversion until next month.
I believe you have done your research and i think they may work. But the granite mega started with 83mm and they seemed short even with the groove patern i put 86mm bones in and they fit....and after awhile of tearing it up...those cups with the patern started making its own, more rounded patern, and it ran great for a bit... the short bones with the driectional cups are for sure not good. The rounded style is better.

Im asuming whats good for the xl raider is good for the rest of the 10th scale mega and blx....except senton I think using somthing like an 86mm-88mm is nessicary because the cups tried to held shorter bones in them.

I think i may just copy and paste your rear end on to my ride... as long as i am correct thinking the difference between a granite mega and xl raider drivetrain is just some metal gears

Hi

It looks like I am getting my numbers mixed up on the Arrma side of things. So I'm going to do more research and wright the numbers down instead of trying to remember them all.

As for the dog bones, these are the sizes that Arrma uses in there 1/10 scales and the cars they fit.

60.5mm Raider, and ADX-10
80mm Raider XL, Fury Mega & BLX & BLS, Granite Mega & BLX & BLS , Vortecks Mega & BLX & BLS, Mojave & BLX
82mm Senton6s BLX, Typhon6s BLX
83.5mm Senton6s BLX

Hi

It looks like I am getting my numbers mixed up on the Arrma side of things. So I'm going to do more research and wright the numbers down instead of trying to remember them all.

As for the dog bones, these are the sizes that Arrma uses in there 1/10 scales and the cars they fit.

60.5mm Raider, and ADX-10
80mm Raider XL, Fury Mega & BLX & BLS, Granite Mega & BLX & BLS , Vortecks Mega & BLX & BLS, Mojave & BLX
82mm Senton6s BLX, Typhon6s BLX
83.5mm Senton6s BLX

Yeah that sounds right from the book. I think those 80mm are actually a bit longer then that..but regardless u can see how many cars those exact same rear end fits so what your doing ajdragon is super helpful and will work on most all these cars....the senton is pretty solid and very few have the cars with 60mm bones...but this a.e. backend should work on my project as well as a bunch others.....really apprecite the knowledge your putting down on this conversion, thanks. Cant wait to see how it turns out....

this cvd conversion is my next project after making battery boxes and motor mount for my convertmaxx

Hi

The 80mm are 86mm over all in length.

91.5mm from the edge of the bearing to the very inside of the slot in the outdrives is the longest the CVD can be.

As you can see the T4 CVA are 4mm to long to use on a stock vehicle, and this is with the CVA level for maximum distance.

CVA_zpshrsd4yyi.jpg

Last edited:
Not trying to be ignorant... just not totally sure what im looking at.....so thats a stock arrma a arm....looks like a stock arrma bearing carrier...looks like a stock turnbuckel....

Looks like an a.e.cvd outta the 10b4 and i guess part 7379, the 87mm bone...

Looks like that worked...but may not have

I been getting people on my local rc page asking me about this conversion now....think im gonna check out the lhs see what they have to say too

The store guys who usually help me out haven't been there when i checked. The other workers think i should go with an hpi blitz diff and do cvds off that using a.e. axles and some appropriate bone. What do you think? A.e. vs. hpi diff in the 10 scale arrma trucks. I think the hpi would be a lot heavier making me wanna side with a.e.

The store clerks seemed very hopeful in their knowledge of store items they said bring it in after you finsh your diff conversion and they would be able to make cvds right there for it to work.

So right now gotta decide on a diff. Untill then im making a conversion motor plate for my t maxx....getting the stainless plate today

Hi

The 80mm are 86mm over all in length.

91.5mm from the edge of the bearing to the very inside of the slot in the outdrives is the longest the CVD can be.

As you can see the T4 CVA are 4mm to long to use on a stock vehicle, and this is with the CVA level for maximum distance.

CVA_zpshrsd4yyi.jpg
Trying to see this straight...those are a.e. bearing carriers and axles...
What size is that driveline, 87mm..,,
That has the a.e. diff in it right....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back