Kraton CVD driveshaft keeps popping out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you find a solution to it popping out of the diff? I've had the kraton v4 for couple of weeks now and my front left is popping out, has chewed up my arm, have ordered new front arms and outdrives, just wondered if you found out why it was doing it? Thanks, new here by the way :)

There's a couple threads for it now I think. This one and another. Some (myself included) have gone so far as to remove the shims under the pillow balls and shave a couple mm off the ends of the arms on the offending side. I run RPM arms on my outcast. I think they are a bit worn/stretched (especially the upper hinge pin holes) and it's letting it flex too much on impact. I haven't had much issue with mine after doing what I mentioned.

Found the other, it's kind of "RPM Arm" specific:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/rpm-and-popping-dog-bones.12070/

Ditch the rpm arms and swap back to stock. I have seen that the rpm are a tiny bit longer and cause the problem on a buddy’s Kraton as well.

Last edited:
Ditch the rpm arms and swap back to stock. I have seen that the rpm are a tiny bit longer and cause the problem on a buddy’s Kraton as well.
Exactly the same thing is happening to my v4 kraton with rpm arms installed i changed both outdrives and axles and shafts still happening some times after a tumble some times jest in a straight line at medium throttle. Its happened so many times my arms below the diff cups are chewed up bad .its doing my head in every time i take it out it happens iv tryied taking the spacers of the end of the arms still the same .the arms are pretty new so cant be stretched and its never seen a big jump going to grind some off the end of the arms as mentioned by someone. This forum is good i dident think of that till i read the thread .the people on this forum are really helpful its amazing

Took the washers off that side. It's pretty much even with the other side now. I will test it out.
View attachment 21294

You are missing a hingepin there..
No no and yes. I think I might have to open up the centre diff I did bend the chassis really bad and wedge that dog bone tight In there. But didn’t bend it and the chassis is all straight now. But I noticed the connection between the spur gear and diff cup a bit of fluid

I have same thing.. I went for a fingerprint temps check after a single 4s.. Burned my damn finger.. But not due to a hot motor.. But due to the centre to rear diff dogbone bein hot as hell

If your concerned, remove them, then move the arms in full lock left and right from fully extended to fully compressed and see if the dog bone end bottoms out in the diff output cup. If it doesn't, then your fine to remove them.

I shaved a couple mm off one side of my outcast... can't recall if I did the other, but neither side have any shims on the upper or lower arms anymore. I'm running RPM arms. I'm guessing that over time they stretch out a bit which allows too much slop in the cups then the bone pops out on a rough landing, then damages stuff all around it, or breaks the cup. I'm assuming stock does the same eventually.

I've had this happen once. When I went to put it back together I found the lower pillow ball had backed out about a half turn. This along with hard braking into a turn was enough flex to allow the shaft to pop out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back