CVD driveshafts for Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
I can't seem to find any good CVD driveshafts for my Typhon 3s that might stand up to 4s power. According to the Arrma web site, the Arrma CVDs aren't for the Typhon, and I've heard nothing but bad things on the Hot Racing and GPM CVDs. Has anyone here found some that don't fail after just a few runs?

I can't seem to find any good CVD driveshafts for my Typhon 3s that might stand up to 4s power. According to the Arrma web site, the Arrma CVDs aren't for the Typhon, and I've heard nothing but bad things on the Hot Racing and GPM CVDs. Has anyone here found some that don't fail after just a few runs?
I'll have some custom driveshafts fixed up in a few days. I could sell the full kit to you if you're interested.

They use parts from the 3s cvds and Kraton 6s dogbones. You put Kraton 6s hubs on the rear a-arms, with a bit of shimming. They only work with the rear though.
Custom Driveshafts.jpg

6sBeefcake Typhon Driveshaft 2.jpeg

I just need to weld this up, as it snapped on me on 6s.
Broken Driveshaft 2.jpg

Broken Driveshaft.jpg

Been asked a 100 times before. Some have custom modded complete new ones with much effort. As above posted.
But for most, you have to live with this. 4s on the 4x4 platform is what it is. Already maxxed out on 3s.

The normal cvd work on typhon arms??

I have GPM CVDs on my Big Rock which is the same chassis and arms as the Typhon. I've been running 4s for about 6 months and have not had any problems. The GPM CVDs hold up just fine.

Honestly, you should build a 4s arms/cvds typhon. Get the 4s CVDs, arms, tie rods, front and rear hubs. You will only break diffs on 4s then. Lol.

Will look like this
20220119_202734.jpg

Honestly, you should build a 4s arms/cvds typhon. Get the 4s CVDs, arms, tie rods, front and rear hubs. You will only break diffs on 4s then. Lol.

Will look like this
View attachment 194035
In case you missed it, I installed the Arrma CNC steel diff assemblies two days ago, so I should be good to go for diffs.

In case you missed it, I installed the Arrma CNC steel diff assemblies two days ago, so I should be good to go for diffs.
Input and ring gear not the issue. I keep going through the output shaft gears. Not much you can do other than keep a loose slipper.
Screenshot_20220120-201029_Gallery.jpg

Get a set of GPMs for the rear only. You'll be fine up front. Mine have been flawless for 3 or so months of epic abuse. Well, Epic to me anyway... Still holding up for now. The pin is stretching the stud, so it won't be long before it goes...
I've probably saved 100 in 3S CVD replacements in that span of time...

Get a set of GPMs for the rear only. You'll be fine up front. Mine have been flawless for 3 or so months of epic abuse. Well, Epic to me anyway... Still holding up for now. The pin is stretching the stud, so it won't be long before it goes...
I've probably saved 100 in 3S CVD replacements in that span of time...
Are the GPM driveshafts for the Big Rock the same length as those on the Typhon 3s?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back