Cvd sliders wont fit rear of granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datguy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So this is my first time posting anything online. I have a granite and was having issues with the popping the front drive shafts so i bought a set of the arrma cvd sliders for the truck. I installed the front ones with no issues but the rear cvd sliders don't fit. The hub bearings are to small even without the metal collar it wont fit in the hub. When i tried installing without the meat collar and no big bearing it just pushed out the smaller bearing. Im lost

Heres a pic

16405203173375764371700032371100.jpg

Looks like you either bought 4s CVD’s for a 3s or Mega Granite, or you bought parts for a 1/8 scale Typhon that has different CVD’s than the Granite. If my 4s parts assumption is correct, you’ll have to compare part numbers on the 4s Outcast to see what other parts you need to buy, like that carrier and proper size bearings. If they are Typhon parts, the same statement applies and you’ll need the supporting carrier parts from that model.

If my assumption is wrong, then I look forward to the explanation so I can buy the same slider for my 3s stuff.

Looks like you either bought 4s CVD’s for a 3s or Mega Granite, or you bought parts for a 1/8 scale Typhon that has different CVD’s than the Granite. If my 4s parts assumption is correct, you’ll have to compare part numbers on the 4s Outcast to see what other parts you need to buy, like that carrier and proper size bearings. If they are Typhon parts, the same statement applies and you’ll need the supporting carrier parts from that model.

If my assumption is wrong, then I look forward to the explanation so I can buy the same slider for my 3s stuff.
Thanks for replying, and the granite is a mega thats been slowly getting upgrades. But these are the sliders and this is how they will fit and look after the install.

1640524881509962766609244639719.jpg

The cvd in the front fits inside the steering hub with the metal collar. In the back the the metal collar will not sit inside the wheel hub but will stay inplace without sliding back due to the pressure of the wheel nut once the tire is on and the wheel nut is tightened.

Thanks for replying, and the granite is a mega thats been slowly getting upgrades. But these are the sliders and this is how they will fit and look after the install.

View attachment 188624
So these are a direct fit “upgrade” part that needs no other models parts for support or compatibility???

If so thats awesome and I guess I haven't read that anywhere while fighting the weak as heck plastic on plastic factory CVD’s once either making more power on the Mega cars we’ve had or even issues on the stock 3s Big Rock when running it hard.

Direct fit, they even come with extra parts (lmao....oh oh extra parts). They come as a complete pair with a plastic collor with no holes and a metal collar thats for the wheel side. pick the one you need for your application. and on the differential side the collar is also plastic with notches cut out so you can secure it to the differential which has a spot already drilled out and gets secured with a grub screw that comes included with the kit. So nothing extra needed. Cost me $80 total for the upgrade. $39.99 a pair.

So yes i agree set the slipper pad correct and don't run it on 3s and i wont need the upgrade. But the front are going to pop out anyways on any given bad landing because of range of motion thats needed to turn the tire left and right. And since i like the 3s power i replaced fdont and rear. I have my punch setting on 5 run a 5200mah 50c 3s battery . I upgraded with a spektrum motor and esc combo (3300kv and 85a) for $99.99 from my local shop. Ive had the front cvds installed awhile ago and no issues with about 6 packs run. Got the gpm arms and finally decided to upgrade the rear since it was gonna be apart anyway.

Aluminum arms will end up breaking your chassis.
Either stick with the stock arms or go with RPM arms.
I Totally agree i got the plastic rpm arrms, don't think i ever mentioned aluminum arms but thanks for the tip. Im sure it will help someone.
I Totally agree i got the plastic rpm arrms, don't think i ever mentioned aluminum arms but thanks for the tip. Im sure it will help someone.
Ah i see i pit gpm arms. Correction and thank you for pointing that out. I meant i put on rpm arms. 👌🏾
Ah i see i pit gpm arms. Correction and thank you for pointing that out. I meant i put on rpm arms. 👌🏾

Got ya. Spell check really screws things up sometimes. GPM arms are aluminum. That's the reason for my comment. RPM arms are much better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back