CVDs on nero

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgkallday420

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Wondering if anybody has converted a Nero to CVDs and dog bones ?? Just don't understand why they switched to the splined axles. Clearly there not as strong as the dog bones. Curious if it would work

take a closer look to the Nero axels. They can shift their length!
Thats why Arrma use this design. If you see the possible way of the suspension, you will understand the sense of that design.
And it´s work! We comes in 20Mins ago and where "snow bashing" with 2 "blue" Nero, one green, and my Big Rock.
No problems up these deep temperature!
I like this car....

take a closer look to the Nero axels. They can shift their length!
Thats why Arrma use this design. If you see the possible way of the suspension, you will understand the sense of that design.
And it´s work! We comes in 20Mins ago and where "snow bashing" with 2 "blue" Nero, one green, and my Big Rock.
No problems up these deep temperature!
I like this car....
Yes I love mine to and I am not saying they don't work but my other MT all have CVDs an I've never had problem with them. Yes there is suspension travel which is why the axles slide, but that's why the CVDs and dogbone cups are deep and they can slide in and out without coming out.

I am not sure, but I think that has something happens with the force of the drivetrain.
In my ax10 it is similar, in the area of center-gearbox to the axle. But a lot weaker....
On my Patron I have also CVD´s in the front and dogbones in the rear axle.
I comparing to the Nero Big Rock, it is less stable. My outdrives of the diffs was worn two times in one year.
The BR is now 7 weeks unboxed and I drive him more than 3 days a week. most on 4s but also sometimes on 6s.
All with the small gear and till yet I have no problems with the BR. My girlfriend had touched a massive wood with her blue Nero and one push rod end was broken. For gods sake, I had buy some in the past just for this kind of case! ;)

Regards,
lonee

My friend has a Big rock & he broke all but 2 pins. We used the broken pins as set screws in the plastic collars & turn them 90 degrees from the hole after installing shorter pins. If you know what I'm trying to say....he broke a traxxis pin & the rest are going strong (6s).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back