Cycling new lipos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Hello all, hoping you're having a pleasant Friday. I bought a couple cnhl 6s 6000mah 70c g+ batteries during a recent sale for speedrunning in the spring. I've heard some of you talk about running them down & charging them a few cycles, essentially a "break in" period before they perform @ their peak levels. Just wondering if I could/should run them in a basher to complete this task or if I'm risking performance loss or worse? I've had these for about a month now, haven't even soldered connectors on yet & wouldn't mind getting some use out of them. Thank you for your knowledge & time 🙂👍

So is the end goal to use in a basher or speed runner? Or meaning would you use the batteries in basher as the pack prep for speed running?

If your speed running, it couldn't hurt to see if you can freshen up the pack with some cycles. I'd use your charger for that. That'll let you maximize power from the batteries after a few cycles--"break in" the battery if you will.

If you're bashing, I wouldn't worry. I guess if you have extra time to spare and want to squeeze a little more performance for bashing batteries, it's worth a shot. But I don't think it's really necessary imo.

So is the end goal to use in a basher or speed runner? Or meaning would you use the batteries in basher as the pack prep for speed running?

If your speed running, it couldn't hurt to see if you can freshen up the pack with some cycles. I'd use your charger for that. That'll let you maximize power from the batteries after a few cycles--"break in" the battery if you will.

If you're bashing, I wouldn't worry. I guess if you have extra time to spare and want to squeeze a little more performance for bashing batteries, it's worth a shot. But I don't think it's really necessary imo.
I bought them to use in my speed runner. I don't have a lipo discharger & I've heard not to use the isdt k2 air for that purpose. So I thought maybe I could just run em in my bashers a few times to break them in? How many cycles before they're @ peak performance?

Hmm, don't quote me on that since I'm not a bonified speed runner. I know people say to do a few light discharges (5c, iirc) and 1C charges. So yeah I think you have the right idea about doing some light driving around in your basher to get some cycles in.

I started doing 3 easy cycles early this year. I mean easy like charging at .60% charge and putting to storage mod at 1% charge. They feel ‘happier’. Since I go by feel with most things in life, I’ve stuck with the process. I’ve done this with at least 8 batteries now.

I tried this because I’d noticed the year before my lipos would start taking a higher charge and performing a bit better after I’d run them a few times. So decided to see what they’d do if I mimicked it. I’ve always charged low, .75%, because I’m rarely in a hurry. I wanted to see if charging then discharging low a few times helped. It seems to so I stick with it.

Hmm, don't quote me on that since I'm not a bonified speed runner. I know people say to do a few light discharges (5c, iirc) and 1C charges. So yeah I think you have the right idea about doing some light driving around in your basher to get some cycles in.
I'm not yet either, so I figured I'd ask 1st. "light driving" & basher usually don't go hand in hand w/ me, in case you haven't noticed!!😃🤣🤘

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back