D boots split

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reubydoobe

Reuby Doobe
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Has anyone else had a tire split on them? One of my outcast tires has a 1/4 inch split it the centre line and spat half the foam insert out. Not sure what to do about it. Any help would be most grateful
20170312_114029.jpg

Has anyone else had a tire split on them? One of my outcast tires has a 1/4 inch split it the centre line and spat half the foam insert out. Not sure what to do about it. Any help would be most grateful View attachment 8627
I've torn tires on sharp metal or broken glass before, I'd recommend cleaning area with rubbing alcohol, let dry and repair with tire glue. Just press edges together and hold for 30-60 seconds while it sets.

Thanks guys. Do you think the wheel will be out of balance with the foam missing i think its gonna wobble all over the place. Id buy new but guess what out of stock in England right now. Could really do with someone posting stuff on the qt from the states with no import tax or extra costs
20170312_114103.jpg

I had mine split about 3/4 of a inch on the seam, I put a little tire glue on it & never looked back.

Thanks guys. Do you think the wheel will be out of balance with the foam missing i think its gonna wobble all over the place. Id buy new but guess what out of stock in England right now. Could really do with someone posting stuff on the qt from the states with no import tax or extra costsView attachment 8660
I wouldn't even try running without intact foam. I'd bake off or boil off tire and replace foam. The wheel will not drive right at all and likely just cause more damage without intact foams IMHO.

Baked the tire off and put new foam back in which all went well. Almost melted some gardening gloves in the process but no burnt fingers. Just letting the glue set before trying it out. Cheers for the top tips guys. :mad:)

Baked the tire off and put new foam back in which all went well. Almost melted some gardening gloves in the process but no burnt fingers. Just letting the glue set before trying it out. Cheers for the top tips guys. :mad:)
Just curious what temp you used and how long did you bake it before the tire bead came loose?

Everytime I try to boil or bake a wheel/tire I always end up ripping the tire trying to remove it from wheel. Must not be doing it long enough. With that said, I'm also curious on temp and time you used @Reubydoobe.

Everytime I try to boil or bake a wheel/tire I always end up ripping the tire trying to remove it from wheel. Must not be doing it long enough. With that said, I'm also curious on temp and time you used @Reubydoobe.

Hi I used 160 on the cooker for about 12 minutes only took off one side of the tire then pushed it inside out to clean the inside which was covered in dried on crap. Make sure oven is hot before starting and wife is out for a few hours to allow smell to go away.

Just curious what temp you used and how long did you bake it before the tire bead came loose?
12 minutes on 160

Hi I used 160 on the cooker for about 12 minutes only took off one side of the tire then pushed it inside out to clean the inside which was covered in dried on crap. Make sure oven is hot before starting and wife is out for a few hours to allow smell to go away.

I've tried this before to no avail so I wasn't even going to try. But it worked like a charm this time. Ended up doing 350°F for 20 mins, flipping them half way through. I had the exact same issue on my Nero with both rear tires tearing. Ordered new foam today, for Kraton was all I could find (hope it works), and repaired the tears with tire glue. I might reinforce the tears from the inside of the tire with shoe goo. If it doesn't hold up, only out a few bucks. Thanks for showing me that it is possible to remove tire from rim without ripping the tire haha.
20170314_171223.jpg

The glue i used gave up on a wheelie. Which is wheelie bad ha ha. So need the right stuff please could someone put a picture or link for the right stuff.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20170320_183941.jpg
    20170320_183941.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 46
Well i didn't think they were bigger but they are. Just need to be glued
20170325_105512.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back