Limitless D/R question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LicketySplit

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 6s
Up until now I've just been setting my expo to 80%. I've noticed a lot of you guys, and others, in their YT videos turning the D/R down after they get turned around. What are you setting it to? Is that a better idea than using the expo?

Up until now I've just been setting my expo to 80%. I've noticed a lot of you guys, and others, in their YT videos turning the D/R down after they get turned around. What are you setting it to? Is that a better idea than using the expo?
I personally set mine to 6-7% when making my pass. It's just enough to steer the rig at high speed and not enough to send me across the road. Takes some getting used to for sure as at low speed it hardly turns the rig at all but at say 90+ it makes good steering adjustments if i need to veer one way or the other.

I personally set mine to 6-7% when making my pass. It's just enough to steer the rig at high speed and not enough to send me across the road. Takes some getting used to for sure as at low speed it hardly turns the rig at all but at say 90+ it makes good steering adjustments if i need to veer one way or the other.
Ok thanks I’ll play with it. So no expo? I set my grip switch on the NB4 to turn the D/R on and off quickly and the right VR knob to adjust it.

Ok thanks I’ll play with it. So no expo? I set my grip switch on the NB4 to turn the D/R on and off quickly and the right VR knob to adjust it.
Ok I'm not sure on the NB4 as I run the Radiolink RC6GS V2. I just adjust my D/R from like 50% for turning around down to 6-7% for during the pass. I've heard others will just adjust the steering response down really low. It will hardly steer during the pass unless you keep it held but when turning around you don't have to adjust like I do back and forth.

This was a good read I was always curious about how speedrunners do not overturn it at those speeds.

Expo and D/R are 2 different things actually. For high speed running many prefer limited D/R Steering. St Expo can help also . Just different how it works.
A combination of both is best if you have the patience.

This was a good read I was always curious about how speedrunners do not overturn it at those speeds.
Ya if you watch my videos after I take the car down and turn it around you'll see and hear me turning my steering rate down before the pass to prevent oversteering. Then after I have to turn it back up to be able to turn around or I have to do like a 12 point turn🤣

I haven't changed the expo, I just turn down both DR and Steering speed if the radio has separate adjustments for it like the Radiolink does.. I have a Noble NB4, besides expo it seems you can adjust Steering speed only, with no separate dual rate adjustment unless I missed it somewhere.. For those that know does expo adjust both DR and ST speed at the same time or does it do something else completely, like change steering speed only once the wheels are turned past a certain point..

I haven't changed the expo, I just turn down both DR and Steering speed if the radio has separate adjustments for it like the Radiolink does.. I have a Noble NB4, besides expo it seems you can adjust Steering speed only, with no separate dual rate adjustment unless I missed it somewhere.. For those that know does expo adjust both DR and ST speed at the same time or does it do something else completely, like change steering speed only once the wheels are turned past a certain point..
It has a separate DR adjustment. You can even run both at the same time. Expo only gives you 100% travel it just goes slow until whatever percentage you set it at. Steering speed is in a whole different menu.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back