Granite Damage report...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AaronF

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Flew into a park bench about 40km\h tonight. The roof took the brunt of it but the ESC may be a casualty, still works fine. One of the caps has a massive ding in the side of it.

Body = Toast
ESC = Its a survivor with battle scars
Motor fan = stuffed
Rear diff = extra crunchy (unrelated to crash)

Everything else seems fine. These truck would benefit from some sort of roll cage or exoskeleton body...

Thoughts on the ESC?

Any my parts bill keeps getting longer :(

IMG_0350.JPG

IMG_0354.JPEG

IMG_0355.JPEG

IMG_0352.JPEG

IMG_0353.JPEG

that cap looks really bad. it's not possible to tell if it still can be used. it could explode and damage the esc, maybe not, who knows?
I'd take apart the esc and replace it. adding conformal coating after the replacement will wateproof the pcb and solder joints again, it's a easy job that ensures you don't blow the esc.
Since there are other caps even removing it is a safer solution than leaving it as it is imo.

You Know how to Bash! 🍺
Yep she went roof first into the corner of this solid wooden seat. Thing would stop an actual car dead in its tracks.

that cap looks really bad. it's not possible to tell if it still can be used. it could explode and damage the esc, maybe not, who knows?
I'd take apart the esc and replace it. adding conformal coating after the replacement will wateproof the pcb and solder joints again, it's a easy job that ensures you don't blow the esc.
Since there are other caps even removing it is a safer solution than leaving it as it is imo.
yeah i think its toast, only had it about 2 weeks lol. The cap isn't leaking and from what I've read its hit or miss whether is will still work or not, it still works fine so i'll just run it until it stops. I would replace the cap but it is covered in resin about 1/4 of the way, so won't be getting that out cleanly.
Figured out how to take a macro photo on my iPhone. Close up of the caps

Attachments

• IMG_0356.jpeg
    IMG_0356.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back