Damaged battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metz82

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Guys this is a 2 cycle new 6s spectrum smart battery that took some damage today :( do you think it's usable or too dangerous ?

Thank you

20210714_200006.jpg

20210714_195959.jpg

I did that to my lectron 3s lipo battery, called my local hobby shop and they said to watch out for bubbling and that a little damage is acceptable. I have charged it about half dozen times now with zero issues.

yea that happens, that's why I try not to buy soft case lipos for bashing. you can get some clear heat shrink wrap to cover it if you want to be safe.

I personally would charge it and if it's ok, wrap that area in gorilla tape and send it. I'm a firm believer in hard packs.

If you're worried you can check the internal resistance with your charger (assuming it supports that), though I'd imagine with that little damage you'll probably be fine.

That is cosmetic, some duct tape and it will be fine. No need to worry about anything.
By all means, I always have 1 layer of duct/gorilla tape on the outside. Protects against rubbing and silly thing s like you have experienced.

Bash on.

I dislike hard cases for bashing, with a passion.

They offer no benefits and cause more harm down the road. Wires get damaged at the entry point, if a Lipo just slightly swells the case cracks. Any wire damage or god forbid a cell goes dead, the entire pack is trash.
Name one positive, I'm always willing to learn. I have damaged both hard case and soft case in bad landings etc. I only ever had to throw away hard cases.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back