Kraton Damaged lipo case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael323

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Was running my Kraton earlier on concrete and grass, very light driving with no crashes just a few speed runs now and again.
Took my battery out and the hard case was cracked at the front of the battery and I've no idea how it could have happened.
The battery is secured underneath with good quality Velcro so it definitely hadn't budged while driving.
Pack itself has no signs of swelling or damage just the case itself is cracked, but I'm worried that whatever happened will happen again!
Anyone know what it may be?

Cheers!

Was running my Kraton earlier on concrete and grass, very light driving with no crashes just a few speed runs now and again.
Took my battery out and the hard case was cracked at the front of the battery and I've no idea how it could have happened.
The battery is secured underneath with good quality Velcro so it definitely hadn't budged while driving.
Pack itself has no signs of swelling or damage just the case itself is cracked, but I'm worried that whatever happened will happen again!
Anyone know what it may be?

Cheers!

Most likely just general bashing and perhaps an inherent fault in the plastic caused the crack.

I wouldn't worry about the Lipo - should be fine.

I would personally glue it or epoxy it back together best you can, then wrap in duct tape.

Think I'll glue it and maybe apply some hard foam or something. Might have been a small stone even that got thrown back from the spinning tire's under hard acceleration.. Who knows..
Thanks for the reply!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back