Kraton Damaged Outdrives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepijj221

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
While removing the motor from its place a saw the damaged outdrives shaft things..
Anyone know the cause of this? And solution?
Just running 14t. stock diff.

Attachments

• IMG_3518.JPG
    IMG_3518.JPG
    264.2 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_3519.JPG
    IMG_3519.JPG
    351.9 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Anyone know if and then what team durango diff outdrives part nr i can replace cause the arrma outdrives (ar310439) are out of stock everywhere around in swe and i don't wanna go ebay :)

While removing the motor from its place a saw the damaged outdrives things..
Anyone know the cause of this? And solution?
Just running 14t. stock diff.
This is caused by hard throttling. Full trigger from dead stops and on/off full trigger. The out drives are known for being soft and the hard throttling eats them up. One way to reduces this is to spray them with some kind of lubricant other than wd40. WD40 is water based and causes more damage than good. I spray mine down after each bashing session with PB blaster, it's a lubricant and prevents rust. You will need to replace these and you can search the forums on how to harden them. Some use water for this and others use oil, the oil seems to be the best way because it cools slower making the metal stronger. Good luck with it.

This is caused by hard throttling. Full trigger from dead stops and on/off full trigger. The out drives are known for being soft and the hard throttling eats them up. One way to reduces this is to spray them with some kind of lubricant other than wd40. WD40 is water based and causes more damage than good. I spray mine down after each bashing session with PB blaster, it's a lubricant and prevents rust. You will need to replace these and you can search the forums on how to harden them. Some use water for this and others use oil, the oil seems to be the best way because it cools slower making the metal stronger. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the helpful information!

Or is this what I need to buy will it work for the front and back dog bone cups

Attachments

• 7AECC21E-C423-44FA-9A15-637AAC6EC04F.png
    7AECC21E-C423-44FA-9A15-637AAC6EC04F.png
    349.4 KB · Views: 67
I bought the complete diff on dollarhobbyz for pretty cheap. Only didn't use the Mugen cup and outer gear.

No idea about v4. I went for the aluminum HR cups for replacement. Check part diagram between older and v4

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back