Dang it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gt rubicon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi all, my son recently converted his 2wd brushed slash to brushless, it rips! He wants me to get a sct so we can bash, after we run our outcasts of course! I’m just not into Traxxas, I’ve had plenty of them, still have a 2.5 Revo. So I look around and find the arrma fury, sweet! It’s arrma, then I find it’s discontinued, bummer. What I can’t find an answer to is if arrma is going to make parts for this model, I’ve seen a couple priced pretty low, used. I prefer new. Should I be Leary buying a used fury? I plan to make it faster than my sons slash, no matter what I find.

Hi all, my son recently converted his 2wd brushed slash to brushless, it rips! He wants me to get a sct so we can bash, after we run our outcasts of course! I’m just not into Traxxas, I’ve had plenty of them, still have a 2.5 Revo. So I look around and find the arrma fury, sweet! It’s arrma, then I find it’s discontinued, bummer. What I can’t find an answer to is if arrma is going to make parts for this model, I’ve seen a couple priced pretty low, used. I prefer new. Should I be Leary buying a used fury? I plan to make it faster than my sons slash, no matter what I find.
The Arrma Raider XL is still listed as a current model, but has been on backorder for well over a year now, and it uses the same chassis as the Fury irrc so I would assume if they keep the Raider that parts for the Fury would also still be made.

Have you looked at the ECX trucks? They make both a 2 and a 4WD SCT and a 2 and 4WD monster truck. Alot of reviews, including a shootout on Big Squid RC say they arent bad, although they did come in second behind Arrma, but, they seem like a decent buy for a general basher, and are roughly the same price as the Arrma. Another possible option could be to get the Granite Voltage, which is 2WD and will run on 2S without any upgrades, and then swap the body for a Senton Body, and swap the monster truck tires and wheels for SCT wheels and tires. Right now the Granite Voltage is on Horizon Hobby for $99, so, by the time you swap the body and the wheels and tires, you would be around the $200 mark, and it would be and upgrade to the Fury, unless you can find a Fury BLX. Another option, if you want the Fury look would be to buy the Granite Voltage, then buy the Fury body, and the DBoots that come on the fury. I don't know how many have actually even looked at the Granite Voltage, but, i thought, for 100 bucks, since i already have 2 Fury's, and boxes of fury parts, i would get it just to see what i could do with it. So far, it hasnt been a bad truck, and i have kept it stock. The Fury body will fit, but, you either have to make new holes, or change the body posts, and, any 12MM SCT wheel and tire will fit. Another possible option is the 2WD Fazon, although that one i don't know much about, but, if it is like the rest of Arrma's line, it could probably be easily made into a durable Fury copy. don't get me wrong, i like my Fury's a lot, but, being that they are getting hard to find, i have been looking at other possible options for 2WD trucks from Arrma.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back