Big Rock Daughter's birthday big rock -future kraton conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droste78

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 4s
Found a used big rock on ebay, pricing wasn't terrible. After I received it, opened it up to a disaster. All the balls were completely worn out, 3 of the 4 tires had tears, and the motor and esc were a downgrade to a 60 amp setup. Dropped the blx120 from my O4S into it. Replaced all the balls for now. Used traxxas hub adapters to fit 17mm tires. The truck came without a body, and the only one I could find locally that came close to fitting was a kraton 4s body. Was planning on slowly upgrading it to a kraton to share spares with my outcast, but with the other items I need to deal with, it's going to have to go faster than originally planned. Most of the parts are on hand, with a few odds and ends needed to complete, but its runable after a touch more trimming on the body.
20200719_174254.jpg

Dang that sounds like a lot of hassle. Should have just made me an offer on my K4S ??‍♂️?✌?

Found a used big rock on ebay, pricing wasn't terrible. After I received it, opened it up to a disaster. All the balls were completely worn out, 3 of the 4 tires had tears, and the motor and esc were a downgrade to a 60 amp setup. Dropped the blx120 from my O4S into it. Replaced all the balls for now. Used traxxas hub adapters to fit 17mm tires. The truck came without a body, and the only one I could find locally that came close to fitting was a kraton 4s body. Was planning on slowly upgrading it to a kraton to share spares with my outcast, but with the other items I need to deal with, it's going to have to go faster than originally planned. Most of the parts are on hand, with a few odds and ends needed to complete, but its runable after a touch more trimming on the body.View attachment 90362
Looks good now! Weird they put a 60a esc in it but I guess they used what's on-hand or setup for somebody younger or new. Kraton body fits nice and good colors. I like it and the cost invested is a win. Cool truck!

Body took some creative trimming to clear the tires. You're probably right, parts on hand is likely why there esc is and motor were in there.
Thanks! Excited to see her faceon her birthday, she has no idea!

Lol...yours is a beautiful truck, and well maintained. After what I paid and what I have to buy for the conversion, I'll be in under 250. Didnt want to insult you with a lowball offer!
Wow that’s pretty amazing then. $250 was a steal ?

Sooo......I knew better, but didnt check the slipper before I gave it to her. She is absolutely giddy! Stlap a battery in it and take her out back. She broke it in 5 minutes, popped 2 cvds....instead of buying parts I can't use in the long run, canabalized my O4S. By the time we get home from vacation, parts will be there. Until then I have a sadcast.....
All that's left for the full conversion is the rear bumper and wing. Most parts on hand, but it'll probably wait until she destroys this body since the mounts are different.
3 years ago, she got her first rc. Far from hobby grade, it let her play with her sisters.

Attachments

• 20200725_085429.jpg
    20200725_085429.jpg
    554 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200725_085722.jpg
    20200725_085722.jpg
    591.2 KB · Views: 42
  • export8326391838842556645.jpg.jpg
    export8326391838842556645.jpg.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back