Big Rock dBoots Fortress MT vs. Ragnarok MT ST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dude

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi there!

The rubber of the stock Ragnarok MT ST of my sons BRCC seems to be very weak. The Truck was a christmas present and has been driven for abaout 20 2S-batteries. Now the first tire ist worn out. Not the Profile, but the sides (sorry for my english). The rubber seems to be very "fluffy" and porous.

I have a Kraton 6S. The rubber of the Copperheads 2 is much more durable.

So now I'm thinking about changing the tires to Fortress MT of the Granite. Do they have the same rubber as the Ragnaroks? Or is the rubber more similar to the Copperheads?

Which other tires would you recommend (14 mm Hex) that are not too expensive?

Thank you guys!

Attachments

• 20200603_210234_resized.jpg
    20200603_210234_resized.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I haven’t owned the Ragnarocks but the Fortress are kind of thin too. I would highly recommend some MX28 Badlands if you have the budget. You can now get them with 14mm hex inserts.

Ok , I was just going to inquire about these.
I have a Senton that is about to get an upgrade to an Onyx 3000kv brushless System that I will mostly run on 2s. am looking at some slightly bigger tires than the stock dBoots so it can get through short grass and rough terrain a little better.
I was looking at the BRCC Ragnaroks Since Jenny’s has a full set of 4 for under $40.
Is the above problem the OP showed common on these?
is the savings worth it or do I want to get some Duratrax 2.8s in 14mm Hex or possibly convert to 12mm instead?
the only reason I’m asking the forum for opinions is I know Jenny’s stock doesn’t often last long and while I don’t wanna waste a purchase on “ false economy “ if the tires are just going to blow out, I also don’t want to miss out if they are any good.
opinions would be greatly valued.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back