dBoots Hoons 3D printed wheel masking tool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnetik

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Tired of black wheels? Just put this together to help when painting dBoots Hoons rims. You can flip it around and paint the inside of the wheels too. Now you don't have to mask tires off and can paint wheels in seconds. I figured I'd post it up in case anyone wants to try it out. If it doesn't work out.. you could always use them as drift tires. lmao

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4221379

20200314_085855.jpg

before applying chrome coat..
20200321_093110.jpg

after chrome dusting..
P1011826.JPG

Kinda wish the chrome turned out better.. it was real chromy at one point but there is fine line between not enough and too much.. I'll practice some more

P1011869.JPG

P1011860.JPG

Last edited:
Check out the tevo torando mid $300s and prints pretty good out of the box

Attachments

• 20190106_133142.jpg
    20190106_133142.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 20190108_083911.jpg
    20190108_083911.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 52
If you’re buying a printer, stick with the popular brands to get the best support. Creality is the best of the low cost brands due to popularity and ease of support from the community. Doesn’t mean they are the best hardware, but it’s like Arrma where the community support is strong.

I’m digging the ESC body cutout. Maybe do one of those fan ducts that someone had 3D printed. Was that @Mongoose ? Sorry if my memory is sh!t. Someone had a dope looking red fan duct.

yeah I didn't think about where the esc would sit when I got the center mount. I have a cover designed up but haven't decided if I wanted it permanent or not. I could double sided tape it, use inset screws, or neo magnets.. I'm thinking magnets and just plan on it going flying off if I hit something. heh

Untitled.jpg

yeah I didn't think about where the esc would sit when I got the center mount. I have a cover designed up but haven't decided if I wanted it permanent or not. I could double sided tape it, use inset screws, or neo magnets.. I'm thinking magnets and just plan on it going flying off if I hit something. heh

View attachment 70861
Yeah I would embed magnets in the print with a pause and z hop. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back