Outcast dBoots hoons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waspmoose

Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Rc Addiction
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Outcast 4s
Anyone try putting the hoons on the 4s outcast? Would it work or be a waste?

Last edited:
Buy a set of prolines, you won’t regret it. Dboots really is just an rtr tire brand. They have a few nice ones (like the backflips and the copperheads) but really, proline, as far as I’m concerned, is the king of tires. Just because of the crazy good quality control. I’ve never had an imbalanced tire from them. I’ve never even ruined one of their tires before, but I’ve heard for those who do, they get covered under warrenty.

Buy a set of prolines, you won’t regret it. Dboots really is just an rtr tire brand. They have a few nice ones (like the backflips and the copperheads) but really, proline, as far as I’m concerned, is the king of tires. Just because of the crazy good quality control. I’ve never had an imbalanced tire from them. I’ve never even ruined one of their tires before, but I’ve heard for those who do, they get covered under warrenty.
Yeah I have some prolines just curious how the hoons would look.

Last edited:
Yeah I have some prolines just curious how the hoons would look.
If you could imagine this as an outcast instead of Kraton. The Hoons are 2mm taller. flat faced wheel instead of spokes, and different tread pattern. Otherwise EXTREMELY similar to the GRP 1/8 wheels/tires in overall shape and look. (they look way small on these rigs)

Limitless with Hoons next to GRP tires showing the 2mm difference and tread.

Last edited:
If you could imagine this as an outcast instead of Kraton. The Hoons are 2mm taller. flat faced wheel instead of spokes, and different tread pattern. Otherwise EXTREMELY similar to the GRP 1/8 wheels/tires in overall shape and look. (they look way small on these rigs)
View attachment 41278

Limitless with Hoons next to GRP tires showing the 2mm difference and tread.

View attachment 41288

Your picture shows the 6s Kraton?

If I understand correctly, the OP asked about how these would look on the "small" 4s Outcast.
Proportions could be slightly better with the 1/10 Outcast.

I wish they made a slightly taller version of the GRPs. I just want a little more speed from the tal
Your picture shows the 6s Kraton?

If I understand correctly, the OP asked about how these would look on the "small" 4s Outcast.
Proportions could be slightly better with the 1/10 Outcast.
I have the GRPs on my Typhon 3S and they look small. Keep in mind, I have the same chassis as the other 3S/4S LWB rigs, but mine is not a MT. If you put hoons on a MT, it’s gonna look really weird if you ask me.

I do want those hounds for my Typhon on the road. I have GRP on it now with extended hubs. I've thought about this enough and will rather keep building my Typhon slowly instead of picking up a Limitless.
I want the buggy I already own to be a fast basher and ideal because it takes the hits most and still killin it. It's multi-terrain and easy to switch up on a whim. Buggy or Truggyish
Infraction would be a different story.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back