Talion Dboots Katar burst

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tadejm

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hi.
I got new Talion V3. Today I changed the pinion with the one included for high speed. Rear tire burst and it ripped the foam out. Now I'm afraid to buy new ones if they are that bad. What do you guys recommend (asphalt)? I'm from europe so something I can get here.

Attachments

• 20190203_122216.jpg
    20190203_122216.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 169
Road Crushers. They’re very good for on road use.

Attachments

• 1988BDFC-96BA-4B22-B138-447BED85FBF8.jpeg
    1988BDFC-96BA-4B22-B138-447BED85FBF8.jpeg
    321.6 KB · Views: 98
Those are expensive ?. What about something cheaper like 30-40 eur for a pair.

Those are expensive ?. What about something cheaper like 30-40 eur for a pair.

If you're planning a lot of driving on road they're worth it. They seem to be about £37 a pair in the UK, hopefully you'll be able to find them for about 40 euros.

If you had a Typhon then I'd suggest GRP GT Revo wheels/tyres but they're a bit small for a Talion.

What about fastrax tires? I can get them in my local hobby shop.

I’ve thought about them myself but wasn’t convinced they’d handle 6s speeds. I’m only hitting 52mph so far. As you’ve got the speed pinion installed I doubt the cheap fastrax wheels/tyres will handle the speeds you’re going to hit, but only one way to find out!

High speed pinion is too fast. I don't even want to use it any more ?.I'm just dissapointed that Katar tires burst but some cheap monster truck tires from aliexpress held at top speed (wobbled like crazy).

I’m disappointed for you. :(
I’d be contacting horizon about the tyre bursting like that. It really shouldn’t have happened and I hope that if you do contact them they send a replacement (or a pair).

I haven’t tried the speed pinion yet. I like running the Talion off road on backflips as well. You really want a belted tyre for high speeds. The way most tyres balloon into pizza cutters does help make it go faster but ruins handling and stability.

I just wrote to the store I bought the car from. I hope they will be kind :). Will take a look at Road Crushers. Thank you guys

If you don't have any luck with the store try the contact form here
That link was from the help menu on https://www.horizonhobby.de/en/

Horizon Hobby own Arrma now, so they're worth trying if your retailer doesn't help out. From what I gather their EU operations are centred in Germany.

Finally got new tires from arrma as replacement. I sent them pictures and no questions asked they sent me new ones. Fastrax tires also burst after a week of jumping and high speed runs. Cheap aliexpress tires broke too but that was expected.

Also noticed that Katar rims are very weak. All of them have a crack.

Finally got new tires from arrma as replacement. I sent them pictures and no questions asked they sent me new ones. Fastrax tires also burst after a week of jumping and high speed runs. Cheap aliexpress tires broke too but that was expected.

Also noticed that Katar rims are very weak. All of them have a crack.

Have you been jumping a lot with the Katars ?
Mine are like slicks now with all the on road driving, but the rims have held up OK.

Yes but most of them broke when tumbling and rolling on the grass. I drive fastrax on the road and when you jump the sidewall breaks and it rips around the rim.

Just got my Road Crushers the other day. I plan to keep the Talion mainly on the road, so I figured it was a good investment.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back