Dboots Sale!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RuffRiki

“If you’re not first, you’re last!”
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
Take full advantage…

BC031755-5BB1-4139-A68F-E9C80277BCFB.png

Oh boy I just ordered so many tires omg. I ordered a bunch during the last sale too but I ordered even more this time. Amazon 6 month financing ftw.

Oh boy I just ordered so many tires omg. I ordered a bunch during the last sale too but I ordered even more this time. Amazon 6 month financing ftw.
If you order on HH don’t you get points??

Inventory is high right now. Demand is low. Hence the tire sale. Now is the time to buy if you are partial to Dboots.
I am partial to the BF LP's and 100mm Hoons if anything.

You're right! definitely a trade off haha.

Never tried them but everyone says they don't last long.
Yeah I have seen that as well. I tried some soft compound grp and they are unbelievable grip. And they are lasting quite nicely I think because I'm not spinning them they are just grippin and rippin, making my typhon wheelie which is fun and terrifying. So that's why I grabbed the golds. Wanted to compare

You're right! definitely a trade off haha.

Never tried them but everyone says they don't last long.
Hoons white 100's last if you balance, rotate every pack fronts to rears. And keep a perfect alignment. Speed Running this way and they do actually last. Numerous runs/packs.
If you are just dragging and drifting, just hard throttle Hooning around , they don't last. Most tires won't.
You can fry a set in one pack or less doing this.

Hoons white 100's last if you balance, rotate every pack fronts to rears. And keep a perfect alignment. Speed Running this way and they do actually last. Numerous runs/packs.
If you are just dragging and drifting, just hard throttle Hooning around , they don't last. Most tires won't.
You can fry a set in one pack or less doing this.
Man I always thought it was crazy when people say they can burn a pair of tires in 1 or 2 packs. I must be doing it wrong because I've never had a pair of tires only last 1-2 packs. I run hoons until the outline of the belt is visible and about to come through the rubber :ROFLMAO: . Maybe I'm a light weight on road basher.

I order a set for my mini infraction. Low on cash but sale is on until 7/13. So Ill get a few sets of Felony rears, and 3 sets of fronts.

You know I told myself I wasnt buying anything else this month. Now you gone and showed me this!

Please Tell me about Gold tires.

I have Duratrax Bandito MT Belt 2.8s on a 6S Typhon with Kraton hubs. I just put a 20t pinion in and DAMN is she fast! Ripping those tires free easily at speed. I had to turn it down to 75% out front while testing because - crazy.

I wanted to try the Hoons for Speed rips but have read both good and bad. At $50/quad for the 107s and $40/quad for the 100's Id like to try them.
Golds. Or the Whites. Or the Silvers. Silvers for Highest Speed??
I'll try lots of different tires eventually and some are expensive.

So whats the opinion on Gold, White or Silver for 6S. 9lb Truggy.

Last edited:
I have only ever ran white hoons. Ordered some gold to try them. Any opinions from others who have tried all 3?

It does depend on how you bash. I have a set of gold but I only run them when it is very cold. In the winter months, the ground is too cold for the white to get warm and sticky. The golds are softer and better for the Dec, Jan, Feb, and Mar months for me.

Once it heats up here in the south, the white Hoons are my tires they get sticky fast. I have tried the silver but they only last a little longer based on my style but are good for the 101F we are seeing like today and all this week!

Man I always thought it was crazy when people say they can burn a pair of tires in 1 or 2 packs. I must be doing it wrong because I've never had a pair of tires only last 1-2 packs. I run hoons until the outline of the belt is visible and about to come through the rubber :ROFLMAO: . Maybe I'm a light weight on road basher.

When I first begin with my Infraction, I bashed and drift and was not forgiving on the throttle, and could get about 4-6 runs with rotations. Two years later, I hold the throttle since I am so much more comfortable with the power and how it handles I kill a set of Hoon 1-2 runs like I stole something. Go figure :)

About alignments, I'm running MBX8 steering and camber links, there was about a whole degree of slop in my rear camber. With the stock links I'd set camber on the bench, take it out for a spin and the camber would be way out again! I run in hot weather mostly, maybe the couldn't take the heat.

Also MBX8 upper control arms for less caster slop, and NOS Durango C-D pill hinges at about .5 or 1 degree of toe in rear. The stock rear toe is too much for on road IMO, just tears up tires.

Now it holds a perfect alignment and my tires wear so much more evenly for good rotations.

But finally someone makes adjustable rear hinges other than what comes on the TLRT or 0 hinges from UK vendors.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2039300173...wyoyX2MQxK&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back