DBXL-E remove body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridehigh

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just got this big boy, one time out…love it so far.
Having an issue trying to take the body off.
Remove pins, and posts are free but can’t get the body off, something is in the way.
Any thoughts?

image.jpg

There are only 2 body clips that need to be removed for access to the inside. If you are trying to remove the whole roll cage, there are 2 4mm screws that would need to be removed. If you want to remove the body panels, remove all the screw on the body panels.

Just got this big boy, one time out…love it so far.
Having an issue trying to take the body off.
Remove pins, and posts are free but can’t get the body off, something is in the way.
Any thoughts?

View attachment 273796
It hinges from the rear so pull up from the front and it should come up, they are a PITA tho.

Also, welcome to AF!!

I just took that rig off my wish list. Ill be dead before I can remove the cover.
What do you mean?

Take the two body clips off the front and the body hinges up, fairly simple task.

Perhaps Woody can create a sticky for this procedure, complete with video of course.
Or we can just haul our lazy @sses to youtube to watch a video about it.

Completely unrelated, but, I put a link to never gonna give you up as the link in the build thread on RCTalk.

Did you get it? All jokes aside, but sometimes the bottom clips get stuck pretty good onto the side guards... along with the top mount being a little tweaked. You can line them up easily enough to get a good fit, just takes a little bit of tweaking.. but just give it a good yank from the bottom... Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back