Dead steering servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trini

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
I'm new to the forum, so apologies if this isn't the right place for this post.
I bought my Nero BLX (brain less) about 6 weeks ago, not had much time with it, but I on about my 5th or 6th pack, my steering servo (AR390139) has become completely unresponsive.

Just wondering if any of you guys experienced this?
I've done some searching, but not seen any posts related to this issue.

Can you see that you're servo is not working?
Maybe you're servo saver get loose?

Can you see that you're servo is not working?
Maybe you're servo saver get loose?

Yep I can see and hear it not working.
It's almost as if there's no juice or signal getting to it. I tried rebinding the receiver a few times, but nada. The truck accelerated and brakes fine.

You can swop the servo plug to ch3 and check if it´s not the receiver, but it really sounds that the servo had died.
I am also looking for an stronger servo for my Big Rock because if I have all diffs locked, the servo works hard.
But I am not sure which one.To many choices.

On the other hand, you have warranty, so you have to claim the servo.

Maybe you´re dealer can chance the servo... My dealer here in Germany will do so, I had problems with an Absima servo in the past and he gave ma a new (not original but much better) one and claimed the broken to Absima.

Regards,
lonee

You can swop the servo plug to ch3 and check if it´s not the receiver, but it really sounds that the servo had died.

Thanks buddy, yea it seems as tho the servo has burnt out... weird, I need to contact arrma and get some answers. Problem is I need to run it today, so I'll have to get a replacement from my local hobby store.

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-04 at 14.50.12.jpeg

Check for savöx... they are expensive but good. Some servos you can get in waterproof....

I ended up going for the IP67 (SW1211SG)
We'll see how it holds up. Hopefully arrma honour their warranty and replace the one that broke.

looks like same force -> 15Kg. But Savöx Power...
I had written to my dealer to get an good offer for a stronger, waterproof servo.
Will see what answer I will get.

I ended up going for the IP67 (SW1211SG)
We'll see how it holds up. Hopefully arrma honour their warranty and replace the one that broke.
Arrma replaced my servo without a problem. I contacted them via email and got a response right away.

Arrma replaced my servo without a problem. I contacted them via email and got a response right away.
Thanks man. I emailed them and they gave 3 simple steps to follow.
I'm still kinda shocked the servo burnt out that quickly, I wonder if this is a common issue?

Trini, I had the same problem the other day. Steering just went completely out with no warning. Still drives forward and reverse but does absolutely nothing when trying to steer. Did the new servo fix your problem completely?

Trini, I had the same problem the other day. Steering just went completely out with no warning. Still drives forward and reverse but does absolutely nothing when trying to steer. Did the new servo fix your problem completely?

Sounds like the same thing I experienced, can you hear the steering servo moving? Even though it doesn't steer can you hear it working? If you can then it's not dead, maybe the horn or arm has come loose.

In my instance it was completely fried, so a new servo did the trick for me.

If you've done some digging and realise that the servo is indeed the issue, Arrma are pretty good with their responses and warranty, so I would contact them straight away and try to get it replaced.

I had the same problem and I just called arrma. Got a new one in the mail for free. If you don't have warranty try tightening the big wheel on the bottom of the car. I forgot what it's called but you can't miss it. It has a big spring and a turning wheel. Tighten it all the way with pliers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back