Deanodizing fun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The more dangerous the cooking, the more fun. Plus I like to tell the story of the pretzels my guests are enjoying that have been dipped in drain cleaner. :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: Ah the 80’s
giphy.gif

Sorry for the dumb question but, I assume after your done it’s safe to pour the solution down your drain?

Um, I would not. I did dispose of outside in the back yard though...

This looks great, but alas I don't think my Granite BLX has any cool aluminum parts :( Where in mass are ya located joostin?

I have some I think in the basement somewhere. with the dremel running I wound not be able to watch the tele and the wife would probably have a fit with the constant noise :p
I second this comment!

Working on mine too. Gonna polish tonight but I've gotten the color off of these. What surprised me is the effect the lye had after waiting overnight. Seems like they were black but dull after they came out of the bath and then next night no color but still dull.
I started messing with the front mount last night some after work but have a little more time tonight to try to polish. I'm not going for a real bright shine but more of a semi-shiny brushed appearance. We'll see.

It’s surprising how shiny they get when they are polished ?
Yeah big difference.
20190527_182222.jpg

I started polishing by hand then remembered that I have a "dremel", but I only made it through like 5 parts before the buffing wheel came apart its the cheap Harbor Freight one so I'm surprised that it lasted as long as it did.

For the shock bodies on my Kraton, I bought a piece of wooden dowel. With just a little painters tape on the dowel I was able to get it to fit snug inside the body. I then chucked it in my drill, so I could spin it and polish it. I did the wheel hexes like this too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back