Dear Arrma/Horizon Hobby, my name is Johnny..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Dear Arrma/Horizon Hobby,
My name is Johnny but many know me as Notorious J. I have an exemplary track record for breaking parts on the fantastic truck that I purchased from your brand. Nothing against you of course, I am just very good at being bad. If it can be bent, snapped, twisted, crushed or otherwise, I have found a way. But this last one has me stumped. How in the name of (add religious entity of choice here) did I wreck the bottom of my servo saver!? Please note that bearing was intact and unscathed and all four screws holding the steering posts were in and snug. I have since replaced with a back up I had on hand, as I purchase more of your fine parts than anyone else in the world. On this note, I am available for full/part time product testing for all your future builds. If it can break, I guarantee to find a way. Photo attached for reference. .
20190922_171636.jpg

My kid is like that, has been since birth. We had a rating above kid tough and kid proof, it had to be Kain tough.
Johnny and Kain, super destroyers! Sounds like the title of a good movie.?

I did that early on with my Kraton. From what I could tell I didn't have it fully seated on the bearing.
I did have the front end off recently to change the red flat bar (whatever it's called, maybe Ackerman plate?) That connects the steering. But I had jumped it at the bmx park in my last video after that. This was the result of a front flip gone wrong on concrete during the competition on Sunday. Maybe it just needed an extra catastrophically hard nudge.

I did have the front end off recently to change the red flat bar (whatever it's called, maybe Ackerman plate?) That connects the steering. But I had jumped it at the bmx park in my last video after that. This was the result of a front flip gone wrong on concrete during the competition on Sunday. Maybe it just needed an extra catastrophically hard nudge.
That's probably it. What happened with me is that the bearing wasn't quite seated correctly and I just torqued down the two button head screws that go into the top of the steering posts. This was back when my driving was God awful and I was still very new to the 6s rigs (the Kraton was my first). Eventually my steering started to bind and I took everything apart. That when I saw that the bottom of the servo saver was folded in on one side.

That's probably it. What happened with me is that the bearing wasn't quite seated correctly and I just torqued down the two button head screws that go into the top of the steering posts. This was back when my driving was God awful and I was still very new to the 6s rigs (the Kraton was my first). Eventually my steering started to bind and I took everything apart. That when I saw that the bottom of the servo saver was folded in on one side.
My driving is still God awful, but that makes total sense. Finally thought I was the first at something :(. I'll try harder my next time out. Maybe I can be the first to bend an M2C chassis!

My driving is still God awful, but that makes total sense. Finally thought I was the first at something :(. I'll try harder my next time out. Maybe I can be the first to bend an M2C chassis!

You're driving has gotten alot better. Mine is a bit crappy still. My health took a sh!t on me this year and I didn't get as much practice in as I would've liked. Year ain't done yet tho.

Notorious j. The biggest arrma fanboy north of the border
There's a few up here, believe me. This past weekend at that competition, only one guy showed up to compete with his X Maxx and it was done after his first jump. One HPI Savage (metal body was killer) Two Tekno ET 48.3's (very nice by the way), two MT 410's and all the rest were Arrma's. Kids & families with megas, a bunch of 3s blx's, a couple of 4s's and a whole host of people with 6s trucks. Almost every Arrma basher was represented. Infraction and Limitless n/a because it was a jump competition, but at least 4 people own one or both. Toronto is becoming Arrma north!

There's a few up here, believe me. This past weekend at that competition, only one guy showed up to compete with his X Maxx and it was done after his first jump. One HPI Savage (metal body was killer) Two Tekno ET 48.3's (very nice by the way), two MT 410's and all the rest were Arrma's. Kids & families with megas, a bunch of 3s blx's, a couple of 4s's and a whole host of people with 6s trucks. Almost every Arrma basher was represented. Infraction and Limitless n/a because it was a jump competition, but at least 4 people own one or both. Toronto is becoming Arrma north!
?

Dear Arrma/Horizon Hobby,
My name is Johnny but many know me as Notorious J. I have an exemplary track record for breaking parts on the fantastic truck that I purchased from your brand. Nothing against you of course, I am just very good at being bad. If it can be bent, snapped, twisted, crushed or otherwise, I have found a way. But this last one has me stumped. How in the name of (add religious entity of choice here) did I wreck the bottom of my servo saver!? Please note that bearing was intact and unscathed and all four screws holding the steering posts were in and snug. I have since replaced with a back up I had on hand, as I purchase more of your fine parts than anyone else in the world. On this note, I am available for full/part time product testing for all your future builds. If it can break, I guarantee to find a way. Photo attached for reference. .View attachment 49007
Check your steering plate I actually bent mine and that jacked my servo saver. You are in good company of part breakers. Lol

Attachments

• 08EF7A9E-D6F1-4B88-ABEC-100A64D6EA9F.jpeg
    08EF7A9E-D6F1-4B88-ABEC-100A64D6EA9F.jpeg
    66.4 KB · Views: 40
That’s weard. The one you parted out and sent me looked just like that. Factory thing?
I think the photo is too blurry and you can't see the bent lip (red anodized part). Here's a shot that you can maybe zoom in on.
20190922_171310.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back