Dear Castle Creations.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingpin

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
How in the hell can you make a $300 ESC without any type of mounting holes or even offering your own mounting bracket?!?!
No I will not tape the damn thing down!

108282262_197949344991342_5932267421116127218_n.jpg

213.gif

Hey Ricky,,,,,it aint rocket appliances.......
lolz...
I hear ya bro, it’s weird they expect tape to hold that down.....I’m new to the hobby and this two sided tape thingy has me baffled.
good luck,,,,maybe some tie wraps are the ticket, as well as tape. Gorilla sells some good stuff, it’s called mounting tape.

cheers,
kev

Hey Ricky,,,,,it aint rocket appliances.......
lolz...
I hear ya bro, it’s weird they expect tape to hold that down.....I’m new to the hobby and this two sided tape thingy has me baffled.
good luck,,,,maybe some tie wraps are the ticket, as well as tape. Gorilla sells some good stuff, it’s called mounting tape.

cheers,
kev
60b29ef848aef39317c23c49cda00fc1.jpg

A decent two sided tape should hold it down. I use mirror mounting tape. NOT regular RC servo tape.

"Worst case Ontario" the tape needs replacing one day
Nope worst case scenario you have a crash and a $300 ESC goes flying out of your RC, ripping out wires as it goes & smashes on the street. :cry:

Personally I use 3M double sided tape on my smaller ESC's (Hobbywing BL's, Castle MM2's etc) but I'd never do that on my Castle XLX which is securely bolted to an ESC mount in my Limitless.

@robert@castle any official response to @Kingpin?

I just put my Typhon 6s into a ditch at 132 mph and 3M double sided tape did it’s job holding my MMX8S in place. I lay two strips side by side and make sure to clean the chassis very well with IPA before trying to put the ESC in place.

Speaking of the Mamba mmx8s I was changing the fan on one of them and came across a cap that looks to have leaked, so I checked the other and same issue. Anyone else seen this or checked theirs recently.

One esc has only seen 4 and 6s the other 6 and 8s a couple of times.
IMG_20200712_134918.jpg
IMG_20200712_135210.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of the Mamba xlx I was chafing the fan on one of them and came across a cap that looks to have leaked, so I checked the other and same issue. Anyone else seen this or checked theirs recently.

One esc has only seen 4 and 6s the other 6 and 8s a couple of times. View attachment 89224View attachment 89225
Strangely that cap isn’t bulged tho

Speaking of the Mamba xlx I was chafing the fan on one of them and came across a cap that looks to have leaked, so I checked the other and same issue. Anyone else seen this or checked theirs recently.

One esc has only seen 4 and 6s the other 6 and 8s a couple of times. View attachment 89224View attachment 89225
Are you sure that’s leaking? Might just be some dirt sticking to some silicone that was left there at manufacturing. Normally they are made to fail at those slits on the top. Send a picture to castle and see what they say.

Yeah I know right! But I think I've found the issue the screws are too long and as a result has nipped the top side surface marks can be seen better below both sides are the same

IMG_20200712_141054.jpg

And on the negative side marks can also be seen below

IMG_20200712_141239.jpg

These marks line up perfectly with the screw holes. So one to watch out for or exchange your screws to shorter ones.

Both my esc are the same marks on both the negative side also with marks one the heatsink fins
IMG_20200712_142443.jpg

Screws
IMG_20200712_143115.jpg

Last edited:
It would have been nice to let others know if you spotted this issue to prevent this happening in the future. As this could be a costly measure for both parties.

It would have been nice to let others know if you spotted this issue to prevent this happening in the future. As this could be a costly measure for both parties.

I actually sent an email to Castle about it. They didn't reply so I took it as they either didn't care or its a non-issue to them. I made a post about it in a 8s thread because the fans they use suck and break all the time. I found the problem when I installed a WTF fan instead of another piece of :poop: castle fan..

Good stuff? yeah the fans are pretty poor tbh the first fan died on after only a few runs on mine the second a fan snapped off
Hopefully they see the issue as I plan to email shortly,

I have made a quick vid of my issue hopefully others see it before it gets the extent of my damage.

Good stuff? yeah the fans are pretty poor tbh the first fan died on after only a few runs on mine the second a fan snapped off
Hopefully they see the issue as I plan to email shortly,

I have made a quick vid of my issue hopefully others see it before it gets the extent of my damage.

Nice vid! ^^

What I ended up doing was finding the right length screw that fit without grinding it down (forgot the MM of it though), force rethreaded it in the plastic and used a washer on top. Now its flush with the inside of the housing and clears the caps perfectly. I have one side done in this pic as reference.

IMG_1089.jpg

Yeah for with guys that have some knowledge etc in this kind of thing it can be highlighted but for some new guy buying this esc and it failing without the thought its poor R&D on castles side imo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back