Limitless Debating whether to fall down the hot racing rabbit hole again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been having the same debate with myself. After reading what everyone is saying I think I'll look into Vitavon and if I can get them here.

This is Raz's 192mph whip with the 1721...and that doesn't appear to be plastic. That's looking like HR to me:

View attachment 217929
😂🤣😂🤣🤣 @Exc3l

I'm not sure the vitavon is better. I have the HR ones and they are great. Even use them in my ultralight setup because both front and rear bulkheads combined are only like an extra 5gr across the whole Rigg.

The vitavon look good, but they also look heavy. I'm waiting to get a weight comparison before I "upgrade".

Right now, it seems you will pay more and be heavier with the vitavon which does not fit into my performance triangle.

Currently that makes the HR superior until someone can demonstrate why the extra weight is worth it over the HR

I'm not sure the vitavon is better. I have the HR ones and they are great. Even use them in my ultralight setup because both front and rear bulkheads combined are only like an extra 5gr across the whole Rigg.

The vitavon look good, but they also look heavy. I'm waiting to get a weight comparison before I "upgrade".

Right now, it seems you will pay more and be heavier with the vitavon which does not fit into my performance triangle.

Currently that makes the HR superior until someone can demonstrate why the extra weight is worth it over the HR
What are the specs on both, weight wise? Kinda hard to tell by looks, IMO

What are the specs on both, weight wise? Kinda hard to tell by looks, IMO
It's true, and I don't have the exact weight but I know it's heavier. Especially because the diff cover and sway bar plate is seperate for the hr diff and those are the bulk of the increase of the weight (by a longshot).

Using the plastic diff cover, with hr diff, and hr sway bar holder seems to be the best and strongest combo.

Find me a better one and I'll gladly buy it 💵

Edit:
Let me rephrase, I only have the exact weights of all the hr and exb components

Last edited:
I love HR. You love HR. There is no rabbit hole, only a happy place. Come to the happy place and set your best PB, if that is your pursuit.
I have a bunch of HR stuff, and it’s always good stuff. The only reason I went with the Vitavon bulkheads is because many people here said they’re superior. I guess we will see. If not I’ll just get the HR ones. But considering some of the people who praised Vitavon I think they’ll be great.

I ended up not liking the 29mm diff cases and went back to the stockers. It was too much trouble to make them fit every time, and if you didn't do it just so it would rub.
I have a bunch of HR stuff, and it’s always good stuff. The only reason I went with the Vitavon bulkheads is because many people here said they’re superior. I guess we will see. If not I’ll just get the HR ones. But considering some of the people who praised Vitavon I think they’ll be great.

I'm sure they are great. Please weigh them when you get them.

Going to metal bulkheads was one of the best upgrades I did. Along with the m2c rear blocks/hingpins

You could hear the difference in the drivetrain.

The bulkheads are major structural components to these cars. It's worth the extra 2.5gr for the HR ones.

As long as the vitavon isn't more than a few grams more then they will be excellent too.

Last edited:
I ended up not liking the 29mm diff cases and went back to the stockers. It was too much trouble to make them fit every time, and if you didn't do it just so it would rub.

Going to metal bulkheads was one of the best upgrades I did. Along with the m2c rear blocks/hingpins

The bulkheads are major structural components to these cars. It's worth the extra 2.5gr for the HR ones.

As long as the vitavon isn't more than a few grams more then they will be excellent too.
I’m saving weight elsewhere on the build anyways. Scorched CF chassis, and Perfect Pass V2 center shafts, as well as a few other things.

I guess what I can't get past with the aluminum bulkheads is the way the HR ones look like perfection incarnate, yet the GPM and Vitavon ones look like... peanut butter. It's like holding a Benelli up next to a Mossberg. If that doesn't make sense, it's like holding a Playmate up next to a crack wh0re and counting teeth.

I doubt you'll be disappointed 🙂
I hope not. I’m doing this one right and it’s not cheap. But it should be fun. I’ll just start off with conservative gearing at first and maybe 6s. Then once I learn the build and make sure everything is good I’ll step up to 8s. Too much money on the line to go balls out right away. :p
I guess what I can't get past with the aluminum bulkheads is the way the HR ones look like perfection incarnate, yet the GPM and Vitavon ones look like... peanut butter. It's like holding a Benelli up next to a Mossberg. If that doesn't make sense, it's like holding a Playmate up next to a crack wh0re and counting teeth.
That’s in the eye of the beholder I guess. I actually liked the “titanium” look of the Vitavon more for this application. That being said I have no plans to stop buying HR stuff. I have HR diffuser supports and braces on this build so far. Probably also use their steering linkage again also. And lol at that analogy.

I hope not. I’m doing this one right and it’s not cheap. But it should be fun. I’ll just start off with conservative gearing at first and maybe 6s. Then once I learn the build and make sure everything is good I’ll step up to 8s. Too much money on the line to go balls out right away. :p
I understand. It's like having a first date and saying, it's my first time with her, I'll only put it in halfway. Too early to plunge balls deep, right? Right?

HR ones are a little nicer for sure, but no one will know but you anyway :)

If anyone is wondering what size the replacement oversized bearing is (on the hr bulkheads) it is:

15x21x4 Fast Eddy
Metal Shielded

Last edited:

Those diff cups are made wrong that's the problem with them.

I’m saving weight elsewhere on the build anyways. Scorched CF chassis, and Perfect Pass V2 center shafts, as well as a few other things.
The V2 center shafts are baller (flashback humor), I think their near perfect balancing and centricity will go a long way in increasing the longevity of the input bearings of the F/R bulkheads. I'm curious to see how far I can push the stock bulkheads kitted out with hybrid ceramic metal shield bearings with those. I'm not 100% certain (I didn't feel like taking my car apart to weigh them) but if I'm not mistaken I think (b)all in (flashback pun) the Scorched CF chassis is heavier than stock. I weighed my car with XLX2 and 1717 sans batteries and it tipped the scales at 5010g. I assumed you were talking about one of the GT chassis. The slim version might fit the bill however.
I understand. It's like having a first date and saying, it's my first time with her, I'll only put it in halfway. Too early to plunge balls deep, right? Right?
Reminds me of the high school couple who, after consummating their relationship, the guy says, "Jeez, had I known you were a virgin I would have taken my time." To which she replies, "Had I known you were in such a rush I would have taken my pantyhose off."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back